Hot Flushes & Anti-Depressant ViePax

Hi

It’s 18 months since I was diagnosed with stage 1 breast cancer, had lumpectomy and radiotherapy and am now taking Tamoxifen for five years.  I have been getting horrendous hot flushes and have tried to live with them but they are getting me down so I asked my GP if there was anything I could take to help.  She has prescribed me with ViePax, a low dosage antidepressant.  I am quite concerned about taking them because of what they are, my GP says they are not addictive and because it is a mild dose I probably won’t get many side effects if any.  Any advice from anyone that is taking them?

Hi Debibay,

It might be helpful to talk things over with one of our helpline staff.  The opening hours are 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays.  The number is 0808 800 6000

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Personally I wouldn’t worry. Sounds like your Doctor has already stated they’re low dosage. I took venlafaxine for my hot flushes & they’re also anti depressants. They worked great. Why not go back to your doctor and have a good chat. Write down all your concerns & see what they say. Good luck x

Personally I wouldn’t worry. Sounds like your Doctor has already stated they’re low dosage. I took venlafaxine for my hot flushes and they’re also anti depressants. They worked great. Why not go back to your doctor and have a good chat. Write down all your concerns & see what they say. Good luck x