How do you feel after Chemo?

I finished chemo the first week of November last year and I have a question… For those of you that have finished chemo, how long did it take you to get back in the swing of things again? When did you feel that yes, now I am me again?

Just curious.

Haven’t been on here for ages, been trying to reshape my life and am doing quite well. I am walking every day and I have just started back with swimming twice a week. I am feeling ok although there are days or should I say nights, that I feel a bit down. The peace and quiet I suppose. Thank goodness for my two small children who keep the world insane and full of disorder.

Hello to all who ‘know’ me and also to those who don’t. I hope your journeys are going well and will continue to do so.

Boo xxx

Hello Babyboo

I finished around same time as you and I feel more or less normal now and bearing in mind I had a mastectomy only 6 weeks ago things are going well. I did feel quite achey for a while after but that seems to have subsided although during the night I sometimes ache and I don’t know why.

I’ve been to the gym twice this week and did very well although I do feel a little tired today but then I didn’t have the most restful night’s sleep last night as the hormones are all over the place and it was duvet on, duvet off, duvet on, duvet off all through the night and the window was open too!

Anyway I think it’s great that you are moving on with your life and that is something I seem to be doing slowly now. There was a time when I didn’t want to plan anything or do anything much but now I’m quite up for going skiing around April time as it’s something I really enjoy.

I know how great childen can be as I have 2 young nephews and a niece and they are amazing and such a tonic.

Wishing you well on your journey to reshape your life.

Rxxx

Hi Babyboo

Long time no see - altho can understand backing off from her a bit - must do it myself soon.

I finished chemo round about same time as you and had mast on 10th Dec. I am getting brighter and more myself everyday but still sometimes have a tearful blip - which is normal. I hope to start rehab back to work in aboud 2 weeks time and will go back to gym when I get my proper prosthesis.

I am going away to a castle/healthspa this weekend with 6 other girls - we leave tommorow - for me, thats another step getting back to normal. I was at the hospital where I work today visiting a friend and her daughter and felt to hot I thought what the hell and took my hat off - still have very short dark growth on head - but getting less fussed about who sees it now.

Glad to hear your getting on ok - I think it all just takes time and as my bc nurse said the other day - we will never be back to what we were before which I truly believe and understand - we just have to work out another way of living.

You take care
Fiona
xxx