How many nodes positive?

I’ll add as well that my dr won’t do any tests like oncotype dx because of my nodes being positive. I think I’m going to wait it out for results and then see what I’m offered. Difficult decision for you @sap1981 but I’m a bit older (46) with 3 kids and i think I’d take comfort in blasting any cancer away. If it comes back at least I will know I did everything I could. X

Thanks very much for your reply @bluesatsuma i hope you’re feeling ok after your axillary clearance and can rest/recover. Yes I was also fully prepared for my doctor to say no genomic testing due to there being positive nodes - so when she brought up the trial today I was a bit thrown off course! In regards to your question on the other thread, from what I understand at the moment anyone pre menopausal with any positive nodes will be offered chemo - but trials like OPTIMA are looking at whether genomic testing can determine if some node positive patients might actually not benefit from chemo and be better off with hormone treatment only. It’s tricky as there are no certainties! I have 2 kids as well and agree feeling you’ve done everything possible is really important xxx

PS I had 2/9 sentinel nodes positive, then just micro metastasis in 1/17 after axillary clearance - hope you have similar or hopefully none at all xx

1 Like

Just wondering how you werevall doing. Did you go for Optima trial? How is the chemo going?

So sorry @bluesatsuma only just saw this! I did go for the trial in the end, and am waiting to find out which treatment I will be allocated :grimacing: will find out on Wednesday

How are you doing? Did you get your histology yet?

1 Like

Oh that’s good, @sap1981. I’d have gone for it too. Wonder what group you’ll get.

Still waiting here. 4 weeks done. 2 to go. X

1 Like

The waiting is so hard. Hope you’re managing ok and finding ways to take your mind off it xx

1 Like

@sap1981 I’ve probably already read it somewhere but wondered what happened with your allocation for optima trial? Hope you’re ok. X

Hey @bluesatsuma thanks for checking in! I got my results a couple of weeks ago, and am in the non chemo arm. Definitely relieved, although also aware it means taking a small risk…I’ve started tamoxifen and will be started Zoladex injections tomorrow

Did you get your histology results yet?

Oh thats good news. That means you’ve been through the prosigna test doesnt it? Should mean low reoccurrence risk. I got my histology finally! Bad news though. They found more dcis and another invasive area so im having 3rd attempt. If this fails I have to have a masectomy. I also had 1 more lymph node. I’ve been told that then I will finally get to oncology and I said I would like to do optima trial. They said I’m eligible. Op is in 2 weeks then 6 weeks for results, oncolgy after. I hope that i can start chemo, if allocated by August. X

Aargh sorry to hear you have more waiting. I also had 1 positive node after my clearance - it’s obviously not what you want, but I also felt like at least it was worth doing the clearance.

Glad they say you might be able to do the trial. Very happy to chat about it (or anything else) when it gets to that point.

Really hope next op goes well and you can move on to the next stage. Also though I have to say my mastectomy is the thing I found easiest to recover from, obviously good it’s not needed, but if it is I definitely found it less bad than I imagined xx

1 Like