HOW SOON COULD YOU GET ANOTHER LUMP?

Hi all, hope this doesn’t sound silly, but how soon if you have recently had surgery, and were on hormone treatment, could you develop another cancer, as in the other breast?

lots of love

Alison xxxxx

Alison,
no question is ever silly, only the answers can be. If it worries you in any way then in no way can it be silly. I don’t know the answer though - so can only suggest that you call the bc nurse.
i think though that any lump is just as likely to be benign as pre-cancer days though.
hugs
ruth
x

Alison it’s probably nothing but you must get it checked out as soon as possible to put your mind at rest.

Let us know what happens.
Love Anthi

Hi Anthi, as i said, its only a little thing, and might have been there for ever, could be me just being paranoid, but will ring the bc nurse on Tuesday, and yes, will certainly let you all know that it wasn’t anything to worry about!

lots of love

Alison xxxxx

Hi Alison

ive just been through the same thing, i thought last week that i had found a new lump in the healthy breast and just ended up being tissue. You cant help but put yourself through hell. I had Rads about three months ago, im having Herceptin and Tamoxifen and the onc said that the chances really of anything there would be slim, i had a MRI last week and the results were ok when i got them back on friday and now that big knot in my tummy has been taken away, well at least until i worry about the next little lump i find. But get an appointment and put your mind at rest, im sure it will be fine, i think deep in the back of my mind i sort of knew it would be ok but i always think that i only get bad things happen to me. Good luck.

Tracey
xx

Hi Tracey, i don’t feel as worried about this one, hubby had a good feel and thought that it didn’t seem like the other, so am thinking its just me being paranoid

lots of love

Alison xxxxx

That sounds exactly like i did and im sure they will say its tissue, think were going to be paranoid for the rest of lifes though but that could be a good thing at least you get to notice changes in your body, I had a bl**dy big lump under my arm and it didnt twig at the beginning that it could be cancer just thought it was a cyst, well i wont make that mistake again!!!

take care

Tracey
xx

Makes me think i spend too much time thinking about me!!! lol

Alison xxxxxxxxx

Yes Alison and why not, when i was undergoing treatment it was all about me, lol I would say things like “i think i should have the largest piece of cake because i have cancer”, worked everytime, and im sure your always putting other people before yourself now its time to put yourself first.

Tracey
xx

just gets my goat, i was quite happy and positive till last night, still trying to be, but trying is so hard when all i want to do is burrow into a hole and go asleep for a long time, when does it ever get better?

Alison xxxxxxxxxx

and now i sound like i’m full of self pity, well, suppose i am a bit, but its not a nice me at all at present

Alison xxxxxx

Oh big hugs Alison

i went through what your going through last week, its bl**dy awful, the waiting always is but like i said at the back of my mind i sort of knew and you have said that to, can you find any comfort in this. my onc said that we all have lumps and bumps and i suppose we will keep finding them and worrying over them.
until my MRI i felt as though it was going to come back in my healthy breast but i really feel tons better now and you will to. Will you be ringing the onc/nurse on tuesday, bl**dy typical that its a bank holiday monday, just when you dont need it to be.

Tracey
xx

Hi Tracey, funny how it always happens at the weekend!!! the worst of it is, i’m going to see the onc on the 6th of september, think thats too long to wait to get this checked? can’t see that it would get any worse or it might just go, its all so confusing, wishing i hadn’t told the hubby, cos he is worried now, me and my big size 8 feet!!!

Alison xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Alison

its not going to get any worse because yours will be the same as mine and just a bit of tissue. And if you hadnt of told your hubby then he would be wondering what he’d done wrong because im sure your not your usual self so you did the right thing. I hope they can fit you in before the 6th, its not to long but it really is when your worried, im sure they will fit you in when they here the worry in your voice.

Tracey
xxx

Thats it though Tracey, i’m in the mindset now of what will be will be, and have become a much more patient person than i ever was, can’t really remember the last time i rushed to do anything, i had nearly three weeks from dx to having the mastectomy, and they took the lymphs out 8 days after dx, so i know its not going to get any bigger, have told hubby, come what may, we are going away at the end of september!!! never used to be so lackadasical ! think i spelt that wrong!

Alison xxxxxxxxxxx

It sounds as though your being well looked after by all. I worked througout my chemo which was a killer but after my op i was determined to fully recoup so i finished work and have had some months to recover physically and mentally without having to rush here there and everywhere you really do have to slow down, it really helps.
Hope your going to enjoy a bottle of bubbly whilst your away, you deserve it!

xxx

i intend to!!! we alll deserve a good drink now and then, not to drown the sorrows but to celebrate still being about! do you live in the north or the south Tracey? only asking cos there is a younger womans forum on in leeds in November, am hoping to go to it, how about you?

Alisonxxxxxxxxx

hi there, I am a northern girl from Warrington but living in Cambridgeshire now. just checked how far it is and its 137 miles, thats about how far i travel up to see my family so i could go, whats it all about, sounds good.

Tracey
xx

not sure, go and look on events in the north, and get emailing in, i would love to go, not just for the info but to meet up with people off here

Alison xxxxxx

yes, there’s nothing better than talking to people face to face and especially with people that fully understand what youve been through and what your going through, will have a read up, we would all have to wear badges with our usernames on.

Tracey
xx