I don't know how to feel

I developed pain and had to call an ambulance as I was short of breath due to a lump in my breast. It had changed and became painful so much so, I felt out of breath still having the problems. I have been to DR’S I am being refered to have a mamogram but, I am petrifed. My mother passed of this only after Christmas, I really feel stressed out and scared and my family don’t know, they disowned me when my mum died and well just before, they wanted mum in care home and banded against me with threats etc the stress has been awful the shock. My mother was my age when she first ogt breast cancer and… the 2nd time the fight was too much. She had a cough too…I have a cough with the lump…and I am mortified…I want to sleep but. I feel such a mess with it all. I feel like I want to scream…

worried. Yet thought cancer lumps weren’t painful…the lump is oblong and presses on my breast bone it got bigger when I couldn’t breathe and seemed to feel like it was pushing the muscle upwards…it hurt like mad. I cna’t lay on it as I cough. I am so scared.

advice please

Hi and welcome to the Breast Cancer Care discussion forums where I’m sure you’ll get lots of good, honest support from the many informed users of this site.

While you are waiting for replies, could I suggest that you give the helpline here a ring and have a chat with one of the nurses who I am sure will help to allay some of your fears and explain what to expect when you go for your hospital appointment. Calls to the helpline are free, 0808 800 6000 lines open Mon-Fri 9-5 and Sat 10-2.

Take care,

Jo, Facilitator

Firstly, give the BCC helpline a ring. They are fab.

As for all your symptoms, do you think some of your symptoms could be made worse by all the anxiety you’ve had recently? I wouldn’t be surprised if that turns out to be the case, you’ve been through a horribly stressful time with your mum and the reactions of your family.

I can’t offer any constructive help, but not knowing how to feel is completely normal under the circumstances. And there is no “right” way to feel either. So if you want to scream, or bury your head in the sand, or bounce around singing “la, la, la, I can’t hear you”, or anything else at all, that’s all normal.

Good luck, and please let us know how you get on.

CM
x

Hi
I am sorry you are having such a rubbish and traumatic time…choccie as ever has given you excellent advice… some of the symptoms you describe could be anxiety…please ring the helpline as advised as they really are fantastic…I also cannot offer any help only lots of hugs…best wishes…M

I have been diagnosed…it#s not good//:frowning: other issue before taking meds is a terrible skin rash on my arm has come up I am off tog et it checked tomorrow

thanks for the replies