IBC? Abnormal CT scan & pain

Hi

To cut a long story short… I had a CT scan which showed my right breast was inflammed and larger than my left (I have regular scans for lung problems), and also bad pain on the right side and under my armpit.

Severity in pain changes from day to day.

I’ve been referred to breast clinic for an urgent appt.

Anyway, my question is - if you have IBC, is it normal not to have all the symptoms as mentioned on line? My nipple itches, but no discharge or any other notable symptoms.

Thanks

The symptoms vary and people don’t necessarily get them all, but remember a lot of them are also symptoms of other things. I had no discharge, just some pain in the breast (bearable), some itching and a bit of redness. No lump but my breast felt a bit “odd” at the top (this was described by the screening doctor as “thickening”). I think I the system worked fast as I first noticed symptoms in January this year, and had my diagnosis on 31 jan.

You are getting it checked out which is absolutely the right thing to do. The waiting is hard, but hopefully you will get your appointment through quickly. If you want to know more feel free to send me a personal message.

Hi MrsH and welcome to the BCC forums

In addition to the support you have here please feel free to call our helpliners to talk your concerns over, lines open weekdays 9-5 and Saturday 10-2 on 0808 800 6000

Take care
Lucy BCC