ibc, what should I know?

Just found out (nearing end if chemo) that ct scan was suggestive of ibc. Knew I was triple negative but now also this. Is this likely to be genetic? No family history but now wondering if I need to find out? Or if I can. Due to have mastectomy, am I now best to push for a double? Feel like I have just opened another can of worms that I don’t know the answers to. Was told lobular and ductal BC so read up on this… Now ibc, know nothing and looking to research/question this.

Hi Tanz
Whilst you await replies here’s a link to the BCC information about inflammatory breast cancer which I hope you will find helpful:

breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-information/about-breast-cancer/primary-breast-cancer/types-primary-breast-cancer/inflammatory-breast-cancer

Please don’t forget our helpliners are on hand for you on 0808 800 6000 Saturdays 10-2 and weekdays 9-5

Take care
Lucy BCC

Hi Tanz,

I was told that there was no reason to have the double mx as it was unlikely to be in both breasts but I do have 6 month checks 3 years out.  I don’t think there is any genetic link but they always look to see if you have at least 2 or 3  close female relatives that have similar BC, sister, mother, grandmother.

Good luck with your treatment.