I'm New.. Does these tricks really work? Please advice me!

I’m new to this forum so a little bit about myself. I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2015, and had my lymph nodes removed as a result. I’ve had lymphoedema for about 3 months, and its been quite overwhelming. 

At this point i am trying to learn a bit more about lymphedema and found these cute cartoon videos on youtube, which i enjoyed. They say the videos are made by certified lymphedema therapist, but im not sure if the measures they are talking about work? 
Does anyone have experience with the measures they talk about in these 3 short videos? I would love to get some insight from those who have experienced lymphedema, and tryed out different tricks on how to manage it. 

youtube.com/watch?v=HR7auhxARTQ&index=1&list=PLkbGfZYlOvKdvvR8KG0C7d6hQhrScG1PY

I would be so grateful for any advice, thank you!! 

Hi Twhitney, 

Welcome to the Forum but I am sorry you find yourself here.

Thank you for sharing this helpful video and I am sure some of our users will be along to show their support. 

In the meantime please do call our helplineat 0808 800 6000 who will be able to talk through some of your questions and offer a friendly ear. The opening hours are below.

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Wednesday 9am-7pm,
Saturday, 9am-1pm

Best wishes, 

Lizzy 

Hi,

The videos - I only watched two - seem well-informed. I did not find any exercises on the two I watched. On the website of the Norwegians who set this up I found they have a video for 35 euros on exercise after breast cancer. That might be useful.

exeromed.com/

I think the best approach is lymphatic drainage followed by compression bandages or garments (this does not conflict with what the videos say, of course - maybe the third and fourth clips talk about that). You can supplement manual lymphatic drainage with self lymphatic drainage.

I have lymphoedema in the breast and trunk, not the arm, and most information is for the arm, which is what you need. You can find self-management videos to buy on the site of the Lymphoedema Support Network

lymphoedema.org/Index.asp

That is definitely good. What I don’t know is if there are any self-management videos free of charge somewhere. There should be! But as I say, since most of them deal with the arm only, I don’t spend much time investigating them.