I'm Not Alone

Hi guys, unfortunately I have just joined this site, and this is my first entry. Was diagnosed 2 days ago with Grade 2 Breast Cancer and am in a bit of a tizz - to say the least! Think I’m having a mastectomy and breast reconstruction in the very near future, have to go back for more discussion with surgeon next week. HELP!

Hi jacqnotyetinthebox

I am sure you will receive support and advice from other users, but in the meantime, you may be interested in Breast Cancer Care’s Resources Pack which contains lots of information and advice following diagnosis. It can be ordered through this site and I have given the link here to the section on the site where it can be ordered.

breastcancercare.org.uk/content.php?page_id=5255

I hope you find it useful.

Kind regards

Louise
Facilitator

Can only add my own experience. Had a mastectomy left side and lymph node removal, it happened within 5 days after diagnosis, so didn’t have time to think about it. I actually don’t even ‘like’ the one that’s left, weird I guess but that’s how I feel.

Looking back now, would have had both off if had had time or mental capacity to realise what was coming. In saying that, I am not so bothered about having just the one now although it’s a pain as am not small d-cup, although I now only have a ‘cleave’ rather than cleavage it would be great to not have to strap the other one on every day for balance!

My fella has been wonderful about it all I have to say, he just says it’s who you are.

Given a choice again, both off!

JMHO
Nikki