Implants anyone?

Only recently looked at this section but no one seems to have had implants.
Can anyone tell me about these. I assume that can be done as done for boob augmentation for cosmetic reasons.?

Hi Horsemad
I have an implant - well, a tissue expander for the moment - following mastectomy & LD reconstruction. The implant comes later following chemo & including a little adjustment so I have two “boobs” that match, more or less!!
I am 6 weeks post op & ,with clothes on, everything looks good. Even without clothes the result is pretty good. I suppose the cosmetic bit is just getting a look that makes me even so no one ever need know.
I have just had a little more saline added to the implant to increase the size (I am a 38D)
I think that this is a norm for larger ladies as the muscle alone is not enough to give the shape of a breast.The implant gives the extra size & shape.
Does this help?

Can you not just have an implant if you are a smaller lady? 38B Cup. WOndered if an implant would be enough without having to have any further tissue etc taken from tum or back

Hi
Depends so much on your surgeon & your circumstances. Although I had a "skin saving " procedure the amount of skin removed had to be replaced from somewhere. You need to have a chat with your BCN or surgeon to find out the options.

Sue x