implants without expanders

Has anyone had a mastectomy and then had the final silicone implant put straight in without expanders? I am 34 AA and don’t mind staying same and am attracted by thought of one operation, but worried it might be very painful stretching muscle all in one go. My surgeon said he thought he could do this.

Yes! But with an LD flap, not just an implant.

Although I didn’t have it done in one operation - that was because I hadn’t decided what to do at that stage.

Basically, I was a 36AA, although I used to be an A pre children. When I went to see the PS he took one look at me and asked if I wanted an implant in the other side too. At that time I was keen on the idea of a fat transfer (lipofil) rather than implant, but the PS wasn’t sure if this would work for me or not, so we decided that I should have the basic LD flap first, then see how it turned out. So I had the main op in February, and afterwards his advice was that a fat transfer wouldn’t give a very good cosmetic result, and advised an implant. I thought ‘in for a penny, in for a pound’ and went for implants in both sides. I had those last month, I am now an A/B - not really sure, I’m still living in a basic sports bra, will go underwear shopping in a oouple of weeks (I had asked to be restored to my pre-children self, might as well get something positive out of this BC). So far I am delighted with the results. My recon side is quite stretched, but since my mx (Mar 2007) I have been numb on that side, so it doesn’t bother me.

Thanks for that. I am getting both sides done and advised LD flap not best option for me, so implants only. I was bigger than this before children too but have got used to it. Loads of people have asked if I want to go bigger, but have no desire to really! Glad the surgery has worked out well for you.