INFORMATION PLEASE

INFORMATION PLEASE

INFORMATION PLEASE my aunt was dx with bone secondaries about 2 years ago…15yrs after original BC dx…she has had some extensive swelling at the top of her leg for a while…she saw her onc., in may and had some scans a few weeks ago, she went back today to see onc., and he wants her to have MRI as he’s concerned she has lymphoma in her leg…could some explain…is a lymphoma under these circumstances different from a primary lymphoma…[or is that the same thing]???..i know lymphoma is part of the Hodgkins and Non-Hodgkins…but don’t really know what, if this is one, it means etc.,
As it was so long ago since her original dx she doesnt have a BCN…and i don’t really feel i should ask mine as she obviously knows nothing about my aunts case history.

Thank you
karen

Dear Karen Please feel free to contact our freephone confidential helpline if you would like to talk to someone about the concerns and questions you have. The helpliners are either breast care nurses or have had experience of breast cancer and will be able to offer you support and information which may help you to understand more about what is happening at the moment. The helpline is open Monday to Friday 9am-5pm and Saturday 9am-2pm on 0808 800 6000.

KInd regards
Forum Host
Breast Cancer Care