Interesting info on covid booster from my oncologist

So another one where the actual virus itself correlates with an auto-immune response. Anyway we can just do the best we can. Certainly get the vaccine if your risk of having a bad covid case is relatively high. Again, risk versus rewards.

If my oncologist had told me to get the vaccine, I would have done it without hesitation. But I trust them. I know they stay on top of things. So if you trust your’s, too, you did exactly the right thing. We’re not the experts. They are.

3 Likes

It’s just a theory though and even if we find out it’s correct, hopefully those effects wear off quickly. I can’t imagine it being a permanent side effect. It’s just not how the vaccine works.

1 Like

Kay, thanks so much for that very important information. I’ve been healthy as a horse all my life and boom, after three Covid shots, I come down with breast cancer. I’ve had my suspicions, too, about a possible link, but the answer, if we ever get one, will take a long time. “Breast cancer just happens to some women and I’m so sorry you’re one of them.” It happens to men, too. I’m one of them!

4 Likes

Have you been tested for a gene, Liverpool? It’s much more common to have a gene if you’re a man than it is if you’re a woman.

1 Like

Yes I’m positive for the BRCA2 gene mutation but only about 8% of men with that mutation go on to get breast cancer.

I’m sorry you have the gene regardless. Who knows why suddenly they contribute to a cancer diagnosis.

This is sooo interesting. I’ve had my suspicions about the COVID jab and its possible link with my BC diagnosis. Another ‘suspicion’ is Shingles. I know quite a few people who have had Shingles in the last two years, who have had the COVID vaccines. Is there a connection with the COVID vaccine? Both the UK and Australia have ramped up the TV advertising and the importance of getting the Shingles vaccination. I asked my Consultant if he thought there was a link and he was very vague but said possibly. He also advised that as I am post BC treatment I could get the vaccine as a precaution, although I am below the NHS age limit. It would be really interesting to hear from anyone that has had Shingles after receiving the COVID vaccine.

Keep strong :muscle:t2::+1::people_hugging:

1 Like

Me too. Most of my friends/family who I’ve had the discussion with have basically thought I was made but not all of them, some also think along similar lines (One being a nurse)! I had a non-cancerous lump removed in 1998 and no problems at all over the years. 2 vaccine’s in and had a lump in exactly the same place that turned out to be cancer?! When I was having chemo, one of the nurses asked and when I told her all she said was ‘That’s very interesting’ but she left not long after. I don’t think we’ll ever know in our lifetime the truth behind the vaccine’s but I really didn’t want them in the first place, it was only because of family pressure that I did. How I wish I had listened to my gut instincts.

1 Like

Thanks, Kay. Yes, we have to play the cards we’re dealt.

I’m just playing devil’s advocate, but lets not forget that bc has also been diagnosed in some who have not had covid vaccine, some may have had covid mildly or otherwise.
How many on this site, and around the world had bc before covid existed?

4 Likes

Hi Lisa! Again, there is no link right now between getting cancer and the covid vaccine. Those of us who got the vaccine when it originally came out I still believe did exactly the right thing. It’s only now, as people are getting it over and over again, that problems might possibly be appearing. And they’re not cancer problems. They are immune problems. Granted that might possibly involve cancer at some point which is why we all need to think whether we want to get the vaccine now. But back then? I personally believe getting the vaccine was the correct thing to do. It was a new virus, no one had immunity, and it was killing people left and right. But that’s all changed now which is why I think we can forgo the vaccine guilt free if we want to.

2 Likes

Yes!!! I do not believe that the vaccine caused my breast cancer and there is no research that suggests I am wrong. I know two other people in their 40’s who were diagnosed with cancer. One got it before covid existed. The other didn’t get the vaccine but still got it. Cancer has been around forever. Incidentally the one who got breast cancer before the covid vaccine did get the covid vaccine when it came out. She had no recurrence.

2 Likes