invasive ductal breast cancer

Hi Liz

Ive had terrible day today. Cant stop crying. I had a letter altering the time of my operation next week and it has really freaked me out and I am wondering whether they are going to move my op date further back. I know I am being silly but its just upset me today.

Good luck with your treatment. You sound very brave.

love
Claire x

awww Claire hunny

You are so normal having these days…I still get them where I will just burst into floods in the most unusual places…Tescos flower stand. !!

I am sure your op will go ahead as planned, please try not to get yourself in more stress you have a big op coming up and you will get through this…We are here to support you hun so don’t ever feel alone

P xx

Go be nice to yourself…relax have a bath and a glass of vino…

Hi Claire,

Thinking of you - hope you feel better in the morning.
I know how you feel - I am finding the wait really hard and if anything was to make it any further away I would be pretty upset. Well actually I get upset over far more trivial things than that…
That said I am sure it will be ok.
Let us know how you are.

Helen xx

Hi Claire,
I am sorry not to have been on for a couple of days, I would second Paulas comments, be nice to your self and have bath and vino def sounds good to me!!!

I really feel for you, you get date and time set in your mind and the time change has prob thrown you, have a good cry it will do you good. Then onwards and upwards, you are not being silly, little things will make you sad over the coming months. I hope they dont cancel your op, there is prob a good reason why they have changed the time, can you ask the breast nurse??

Sounds like the wedding is a good thing to have to look forward to, great to go with people you know well and can be comfortable with.
. My daughters are 22 and 24, well nearly 25, ( my granddaughter is 4 mths) and I have a son of 18 at uni. It sounds so old a daughter of 25 and a nanny. I am 46.
My new hair that has grown after chemo is very grey but at least its hair… I said to my friends I look like a real nanny now!!!
I hope that you are feeling a little happier today.

Take Care
Dawn X

Hi all

Thank you all for your kind words. They really cheered me up. Had really bad day yesterday but feel alot stronger today. I think I cried so much got no tears left today. I looked a bit like a panda when I got up today. Well if you can call it getting up as I didnt get much sleep.

I have spoken with my breast nurse and she has explained that my operation will be going ahead on Weds and not to worry. I feel alot better now.

I have gone back to cooking again. It seems to keep me busy and calm. Got so much food now in the freezer I think we can last a month without cooking.

Thanks again

Love Claire x

HI Claire

I hope it all goes well for you tomorrow, its really not as bad as you think, I got home yesterday after my op on Friday with not much discomfort. You will be fine its just all the waiting around that does it. I had my first decent nights sleep last night since this nightmare started and you just feel so much better for it. Spoil yourself tonight you will be fine. I will be thinking of you and look forward to your posts when you come out.

Love Deb x

Hi Claire
Just wanted to wish you well for tomorrow,as Deb said the waiting, as always, is the worst.

Take Care,
Mary
x

Hi Claire

Wishing you well for tomorrow hun, you will be fine

P xxxx

Hugs to you

Hi Clare,
Just like to add my best wishes for tomorrow too.
Look forward to hearing from you, after, hope it all goes well
helen
xxx

Hi all

Thank you all for your kind wishes. I came out of hospital yesterday and am feeling surprisingly well. Everything went like clockwork in the hospital and cant praise the staff enough for the help and support they gave me. I was really well looked after. I am just a bit sore and tired but in my mind I feel better now that my op is over.

Love Claire x

HI Claire

Yeah I think the thought of it all is worse than the op itself, glad you are feeling ok.

Debs x

Hi Debs

Hope you are doing ok now. Im getting stronger by the day, just very sore. So glad its over just got to wait and see if my nodes come back clear but I am feeling positive inside. I am not so frightened of the hospital scene anymore as they were absolutely fantastic to me. I even managed the needles fine and didnt even have to do any breathing exercises.

Take care

Claire x

HI Claire

Glad you are feeling ok, you’re up early too. My son went back to Korea this morning so a bit emotional this am. Felt like I been hit by a bus yesterday mind you might have something to do with the booze the night before. When do you get your results? I know already I have lymph node involvement which is a bit of a worry but I don’t think i will see my consultant for a couple of weeks.

Best wishes Debs x

Hi Claire

Glad all went well for you, great news about the lymph nodes.

Debs…sorry your son is having to go back I hope you had a great time with him. Try not to worry about the lymph nodes ok…anyway best get on you take care and chat soon

P xx

hi claire glad to see you have come through the op ok. i to had grade 3 . i had chemo and rads followed by tamoxifen. I had my op in nov 2005, which was a mastectomy.

after my op and when the scar had healed i put aloe vera on the area every night before bed. I feel this was helpful when i started rads as the area was well and truly moisturised and was very fortunate to only have slight pinking with rads.

this is a very scary road to travel down but i am in a good place now , back at work and mostly it is in the back of my mind now.

Hi all

Sorry have not been on here for a few days. My gran is seriously ill. She is in the same hospital as I had my op and wasnt supposed to survive the night that I had my surgery. I went to see her on Sunday as I am feeling a lot better now. They say everything comes all together. My gran is a lovely person and I have found her a huge inspiration. She is 93 and has had so many illnesses over the years even breast cancer. My poor mum is really struggling with it all but we are all supporting each other.

Debs- yes I like to get up early still. Had my first visitor yesterday at 9am and I wasnt even dressed and looked like I’d been through a hedge. How are you doing now? Any news when you will be seeing your consultant. I get my results next Tuesday 20th and find out whether I will need another visit to theatre.

Wonder1 - Thanks for the tip about the aloe vera. I will get some in ready. Cant wait to see the breast nurse and get cleaned up tomorrow.

Paula - Hope things are ok with.

Love Claire x

Hi Claire,

Just waiting to hear from the hospital as to when I go back, but should be next Thursday. Sorry to hear about your gran Hope everything is ok. Are you worried about your appointment next week? Do you know if you will have chemo or rads yet?

Best wishes

Debs x

Hi Claire

I just thought I’d pop in and say how sorry I am to hear how ill your grandmother is. I also have a very old grandmother and she was extremely ill a few years back and we really thought we were going to lose her. She did happen to make a miraculous recovery and at the time I just remember being so absolutely desperate that she recover. She just couldn’t go, I felt I needed her there and I was so not ready for her to go anywhere. I didn’t always have an amazing relationship with her, it developed sometime after my grandfather died but before that it was so different it was almost as if she had a personality transplant. I appreciate what I have with her so much. She is just amazing and I’m sure your grandmother is too and to reach the ripe old age of 93 is fabulous. It is a really difficult time for you and your family having to deal with so much in one go.

I’m really thinking of you and your family and sending you a big hug.

Lots of love
Ruby xxxx

Hi all,

Thank you for your kind thoughts.

My mum has just been over and we went on a little walk round the block in the sunshine. She has now gone to be with my Gran again now. Luckily our hospital is only 5 mins away. She really does inspire me as when she was first admitted to hospital a couple of weeks ago even though she was in pain and cant move well she sat on her bedpan and sang ‘Land of Hope and Glory’ at the top of her voice down the ward. She cheered everyone’s spirits on the ward.

I am a bit nervous about my results app next week but am just glad things are happening now. They have told me that I will need rads. I will get the histology result on the two lymph nodes and whether they got a good margin on the lumpectomy. I am just keeping positive. They said that I probably will have chemo but will let me know once they have the results in. I am just taking one step at a time and not looking too far down the line.

Hope things are ok with you.

Love Claire x