Invasive ductal cancer

Hi guys,

I was diagnosed just before Xmas and so far have had a wle and snb, plus another 8 nodes removed. My tumour was 11mm and I had 1 positive lymph node.

I was told it was a grade 3 tumour.

My cancer is also hormone receptor positive. I have been told that I will need radiotherapy and hormone therapy, but am waiting to find out whether I need chemotherapy as well. Anyone been in this position and what treatment have you had?

Hi Misshapps51, 

Welcome to the forum. I am sorry you are going through this difficult time but I am sure you will find a great deal of support here.

You may also want to try posting in one of ourradiotherapy threads which are very busy and users are already sharing their experiences.

We also have a helpline which you can contact at 0808 800 6000 who will be able to talk through any questions you may have and offer a friendly ear. The opening times are below:

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Monday and Wednesday 5pm-7pm,
Saturday, 9am-1pm

Best wishes, 

Lizzy 

I am in a similar position , had WLE and SNB in Feb . Had to wait 10 days for final results and treatment plan which was the worst part, but thankfully my nodes were all clear so have avoided chemo . My tumour was grade 2 and is highly hormone sensitive which is “a good thing” so I’m now on tamoxifen for 10 years. The side effects (hot flushes) are a bit challenging but I’m hoping they settle. I’m just waiting on starting 19 radiotherapy sessions mid April. Feeling a bit in limbo just now X

Thank you Fiestyflora for that. It’s lovely to have some positive stories. I’ve two friends who’ve been through it & are really being supportive & in my down times I really need to know this is doable. Anita x