Is any one having difficulty getting oncotype Dx to decide on chemo

Has anyone come across getting this done. It was nice approved for patients with early breast cancer that are oestrogen receptor positive, lymph node negative and HER negative , who may benefit from chemotherapy. I was told that I would qualify for this, i am now 6 weeks post mastectomy as no clear margins post WLE (invasive BC AND high grade DCIS), and risk reducing mastectomy to other side. Due to start tamoxifen as peri menopausal, the sameples still not sent away due to funding issues.
The test otherwise costs approx £4,000
Waiting for the the test is getting frustrating - as cannot move on, I am hoping/being told that unlikely to need chemo, but my results have gone against the odds so far. Hope don’t need it, but really worried about getting on the acute roller coaster again

Hi Na123

Sorry you haven’t had any replies to your post as yet, but hopefully someone will see it now.  In the meantime please don’t hesitate to call the helpline here if you need to talk.  Calls are free 0808 800 6000 lines open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays.

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

I had my snb and lumpectomy on Wednesday last week and have been told that the lump.was being sent off to America for the Oncotype dx test. I’ve been back today for a check up on my stitches. My next appointment is on Monday but my results may not be back in time for then. Does this mean it’s been sent off to America or is their lab Doing some testing too? A bit confused x