Is this inflammatory breast cancer?

Hi all,
I woke up this morning with a huge rash just underneath the areola of my left breast. It is not quite a rash per se; more like snakeskin or damaged skin that is healing after being badly burned. There are also creases in the skin, not unlike a deflated balloon.
A dull, throbbing pain accompanies the rash, although I suspect my hyper-awareness of its’ presence may have something to do with the ache. There seems to be clusters of broken veins underneath the area in question.
If anyone thinks they can help, I can send on photos. I’d really appreciate any advise or input, thanks.

Stressing first of all that I am not a medical professional, it sounds a bit like dermatitis. I would make an appt tomorrow to see my GP. They can decide whether to refer you to a breast clinic or offer some alternative treament if they think it is a skin condition - and it does sound as if some treatment is needed. In the meantime try not to worry. I hope your doctor will be able to reassure you.

Dear duff

As cherryorchard said it’s always best to seek medical advice for any worries you have.

You could also give our helpline a call. They’ll be open at 9 tomorrow for information and support. The number is 0808 800 6000.

Take care

Very best wishes

Janet
BCC facilitator

Thanks cherryorchard and janet for taking the time out to reply. I’ll get it checked tomorrow.