JaneRA - a year already

Wow, time does fly. JaneRA was really quite something. I was glad to see that the Guardian had an obituary for her. I still occasionally think about her even though I am so busy that I only logon about once every few months. Her death was a loss not only to the breast cancer community generally, but also to the triple negatives in particular.

Hi Christine, I often read a posting here and wonder ‘what would Jane have said?’ Best wishes to you, Rita and Jane’s family and friends.

do you know i was only thinking of jane this morning ! she was such a warrior for others and i must say i really miss the debates on this site ,hope her partner and family are doing ok .much love to them all .miss you jane xxx

it’s two years now but I remember Jane with respect she told it how it was to her and to many women.

Someone admirable

Mole

Coming on here for the first time in a few years and wanted to remember JaneRA one of the most inspiring people who I came to know when I was going through cancer treatment.

I wanted to be treated as an adult and not be patronised by the medical profession. She was the same. RIP Jane

Lost my mum in October, miss her so much it hurts and now I,m going through the same journey as she did, not sure where this journey will take me but determined to fight, fight, fight

Emperortooco… I’ve just noticed your post and am so saddened and disappointed that you may have been diagnosed with the same.
Please post any worries or concerns you may have or questions and advice.
All of the lovely ladies here will be keen to help and encourage you…dont worry.
Find a thread on here that is best for you.
Sending you lots of love and hugs. Bev xxxxxxxxx

JaneRA was a remarkable woman who lived an honest life and really raised awareness of triple negative cancer. She had a pretty good idea her cancer would spread because of the size of her tumour but she was so clear thinking and faced the future head on. Now there seem to be some breakthroughs in understanding how breast cancer spreads so the focus on secondary breast cancer isn’t just about managing pain but about stopping the process of spreading it

So some good has come since she died. I’m sorry she died before the latest research but sorry anyway because she was a special person.