just been diagnosed with primary breast cancer

Got diagnosed with primary breast cancer 10 days ago, was a big shock for my family. I had built my self up for it I was 90% sure it was cancer. The consultant told me they would remove the lump and save the breast. They did a lymphnode biopsy which came back inconclusive. I’m very concerned with the results. Don’t fully understand what that means. My family r very worried try to put them at ease but don’t think it’s working.I’ve been given a preliminary date for operation of 15th August and now I feel like I’m in limbo not sure how to express myself.Will love to hear from someone in simular circumstances.xxx

Hello Sue456

Welcome to the forums. 

As well as the support you will receive on the forums we also have a free helpline where you can talk things through with a member of staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes

June, moderator

Hello sue,

I’m so sorry to hear that this has happened to you.

Sadly there are lots of other lovely ladies who are going throught this at the same time as you, and I’m sure they’ll post on here to give you support.

This is the worst time, the time of tests and waiting for results, then waiting for surgery etc.

Listen to what the breast team are telling you and keep looking up :slight_smile:

If you want some more information from them about your cancer and results - ring the breast cancer nurse, they don’t mind people doing that and I’ve found are always accessible and quick to reply. Ask them any questions you want to, even if it seems silly - it isn’t silly ifit helps you to alay your fears.

The BCC helpline is wonderful too - I’ve used it several times and always come of the phone with a more realsitic perspective.

This is a horrible thing you’re going through, and 15 August will seem like an age away, try to do something nice for yourself each day til thn, no matter how small.

Hugs and smiles xxx

Hi,I was diagnosed last week following a routine mammogram . I have been told that I have a grade 2 ductal cancer. I am booked for surgery on the 11th for lumpectomy and sentinal node biopsy. Then followed by three weeks radiotherapy . I go for the pre op assessment next week ,so from mammogram to surgery will be a month. I have certainly been given lots of info but I am scared and now feel ill with a really bad cold. It’s nice to know that there are lots of us out there although sad at the same time.

Hi Gw sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Its all very frighting when you r first told, I’ve read so many other story on hear that r worse than mine that it makes me feel guilty. I no every one is different gives me some sort of hope if that dosent sound to bad from me. Hope all goes well for u. The waiting bit is the hardess part for me. Not easy to do but try to stay positive. Suexxx

Hi GW and welcome to the BCC forums
Along with the support you have found here our helpliners are on hand with practical and emotional support on 0808 800 6000, lines are open weekdays 9-5 and Saturdays 10-2

Here’s a link to further support and information via the link to the BCC ‘I am having treatment’ area of the site which I hope you will find helpful:

breastcancercare.org.uk/treatment

Take care
Lucy BCC