Just completed 15 radiation treatments - advice please!

Whilst I am so pleased to have completed the course I have surgical wound and skin damage. I was so careful and followed all the advice as regards skin care. Between hot flushes curtesy of the Tamoxifen and the treatment for the damage feeling a little low … Down but not out so to speak :frowning: !! Did anyone else have this problem ? Any advice ??

Hi Minnie3

Whilst waiting for replies maybe you would like to talk to a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 600 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes

June, moderator

Thank you June I will

I was advised to go to see nurse at my gp who would give me burn dressings for skin. I haven’t started radiotherapy this but had this conversation with someone on here.
Hope you improve soon

I finished 25 rads about a week and a half ago.
I didn’t have any skin breaks, but did feel very tired and a bit sore by the end. The tiredness seemed to carry on after finishing, but I’ve started to have a little more energy now.
I was told to contact RT department if I had any skin problems afterwards - have you done this? Apparently they have special creams that work really well.
Apparently the redness, soreness and tiredness peaks about a week after the end and then you gradually feel better.
Hang in there!

Have been sorted with relevant cream and dressings :slight_smile: painful but bearable and your right blackswan feeling tired but this will pass over the next 2 weeks. Thank you all x