just found out stage 3 breast cancer

Hello i just got results of stage 3 breast cancer with what look likes clussters elsewere im so scared i go back tuesday to discuss op which looks like is going o be thursday im 44 with 3 childen all i can think is im going to die i cant get this out my head im making myself really ill crying please help me through this

Hi Jinny2611

Welcome to the BCC discussion forums, you’ve come to the right place for some good, honest support from the many informed users of this site who I am sure will be along soon to offer you some much needed suppport.

In the meantime I have put for  you below the link to one of BCC’s publications you might find helpful.  Unfortunately due to the Bank Holiday our helpline is closed until Tuesday morning, opening again at 9am - 5pm, please do give our helpline team a ring, they will talk you through what to expect next and help you with any fears or concerns you have.  Calls are free, 0808 800 6000. 

As I am sure other forum users will tell you, try not to google as a lot of the information out there is either out of date or won’t be relevant to yourself, stick to websites such as this or MacMillan where the information is more accurate.

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/breast-cancer-you-diagnosis-treatment-future-bcc44

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

Hi Jinny,

So sorry you are having this worry right now. I think you mean Grade 3, the stage won’t be known until after surgery. I know you are scared right now, but after you have discussed your treatment options with the surgeon and have a treatment plan outlined, you will feel more in control and able to cope. A lot on here planned out their funeral after diagnosis, but that is just the fear. The majority of BC patients get through their treatment and live very long, happy lives. At your appointment, you will find out if your tumour is hormone positive or negative, HER2 positive or negative, which both determine what type of treatment you will have. If they don’t volunteer this information, ask. You will have the choice of lumpectomy or mastectomy, depending on where the clusters and lump are situated.

I was diagnosed on November 1st 2012, had mastectomy with sentinel node biopsy 12th December 2012. My tumour was 3cm and grade 3. Three nodes removed, one with cancer in it. In February 2013 I had chemo, and I’m now on a hormone tablet for at least 5 years. It is all very doable, the worst part is the waiting in between diagnosis, surgery, and the rest of the treatment. 18 months later I am fine and looking forward to a long life ahead of me.

Sending hugs and best wishes

poemsgalore xx

<Empty imported post>

Hi jinny. It’s hard and a long journey ahead of you. Once you have all the information in front of you and the medical plan you will start the process of getting to grips as to what needs to be done. If you are looking at google don’t read anything unless the article is current. Better to stay away but sometimes we feel the need to get as much information as we can. I did this but researched all the old stale information. You have a lotto live for and this will get you through it. There are a lot of excellent treatments out there which will be available to you. So think positively and you will cope much better. I will be thinking of you and wish you well God bless. X

hiJinny keep your chin up we are all with you i to thought it was a death sentence it is just that you are scared but it will pass.its the waiting that gets you down.get those boots on and give it a big kick,once you have a treatment plan you will feel much better. I to am waiting for a plan i was diagnosed on April 14th but do not know the grade yet. keep your pecker up we are all here for you try to keep busy and positive you can do this Sheila x

Hi Jinny

welcome to our horrible club.

this is the worst part. The not knowing. Trying to get your head round it. Your body playing tricks on you with aches and pains. 

Everything seems so slow waiting but also too quick. Getting op.  I was given full diagnosis on a wed and got pre op test on friday of the same week. That freaked me out.

once you get more details you can start to process things but the limbo of not knowing is pure torture.

you have come to the right place. We have all been there and found our way.

don’t look things up on the internet. You will find loads but until you know your treatment plan you will just waste your time, frightening yourself stupid with things that don’t apply to you.

keep posting and take care.

Keeks