Just found out today...

Deleted

Hannah

I am so sorry you find yourself here but you have come to the right place for support. I am a LOT older than you but there is a younger ladies forum and I know there is a facebook private group for younger women if you search on FB for Younger womens forum breast cancer care it is a closed group that you ask to be added to . Chemo is not nice but it is doable I am doing it for the 2nd time so can tell you that with confidence LOL. I would suggest writing down all your questions for when the nurse comes to see you as it is easy to forget when you are face to face. There are support groups available for your partner have a look at the Macmillan website to find one near you. Grade 1/2 is good news as it is not as aggressive so should be very treatable!

Good luck for your treatment you will get through it! I know that it is all really scary at the moment but once you have had your op and know your full treatment plan you will feel better.  I work through my chemo I only do mornings on the 2 weeks in between ( I take the week I have chemo off) but it gives a sense of normality  but that is a while away yet and you will have to see when the time comes. 

Sending you a very big HUG and lots of positive thoughts

Jill xxx

Hi Hanna31285

Firstly, welcome to the forums, I am sure you will find it a great source of information and support. I’m sorry to read of your diagnosis, the first few days and weeks are always difficult when coming to terms with things.

As well as the support you receive on the forums you might find it helpful to order the BCC resources pack. It has been specifically designed for those newly diagnosed and contains information to help you better understand your diagnosis, test results and the various treatments available. If you would like to order a copy just follow the link bellow:-

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/resource-pack-primary-early-breast-cancer-bcc145

Also, do give the helpline a ring if you need any further support or information. They’re on 0808 800 6000. Open 9-5 Monday to Friday and 10-2 Saturday.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

If your fella wants to PM me I will be glad to chat with him,I know exactly how he feels

Hi Hanna

So sorry you are in this situation, and for your partner too.  Here is a  link to a booklet (on this site) that might help your partner (and you) a little:

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/sites/default/files/in_it_together.pdf

Wishing you well and sending hugs…

poemsgalore xx

Deleted

Hi Hanna

I’m very very new on here too, diagnosed last Wednesday. I’ll leave the others to help on most of your questions etc, but just wanted to add that I’m a solicit too. I qualified in 2004, after doing most of it part time. I even did lots of my training contract part time, so it might be worth considering? If it’s at all possible?

Happy for you to pm me if you want.

Deleted

<Empty imported post>