just had some lymphs taken out

just had some lymphs taken out

just had some lymphs taken out hi all, had my first op yesterday, feeling a little sore and tender, and weepy, and daft, but back home, next op on the 29th so hoping for the best there.

lots of love

alison

hi alison, talked to you on thursday.
i have been thining of you and you will be up and down for a while to come but be assured it will all be alright in the end, remember you are at the start of your journey.
i was told it may take up to 18 months to settle down, i am 18 months down the line and am back at work and muddling along just fine.
i was also told crying is good for you, lets out all the emotions which is better than holding them in.
take care.
sharon. x
ps check out profile, hair is now 6 inches long.

Hi Sharon, you look wonderful, you really do, at the moment i just look like puffy eyes, and slightly pale skin due to the blue dye!!! feeling better already, though the tears do come so very easily, thank you for all your support it really does mean so very much.

all my love

alison

Hi Alison,
Does your hospital offer any therapy? I had the option of 3 free sessions with a counsellor and could have Reki, Acupuntcure, Reflexology, Imagery, Talking. The therapist has had breast cancer which allowed her to give additional support and encouragement. I had my first session on the day that I went into hospital and have had three since. It is good to talk or do what suits you and perhaps on occasions be away from family who also have to come to terms with what lies ahead.
As for weepy, it is difficult because I found that I couldn’t guess what might start me off. I had my op on 23/5 and find that the periods between appointments gives time to settle.
I keep getting advice to drink lots of water and if you don’t do so already it is a good thing to start and to continue as I understand it helps with both anaesthetics and chemo (as much as anything can).
You look after yourself and take each day as it comes.
Best of luck.
Jill