Just wanted to say hello

Hi all

I have posted this on behalf of new user jusmejp.

Regards

Louise
Facilitator

my name is jaki…i was diagnosed on 13th feb, with primary cancer in left breast, and secondary in lymph nodes. am having masectomy and axilliary clearance of lymph nodes on 20th march, with probable course of chemo/rads to follow. i am told i can have recon after treatment finished, but not sure about that 1 !!! i live with my 11 yr old grandson, and a persian cat, who have both taken this better than me, lol. i have had some great support from the live chat, so thanks 2 evertone xx

Hi Jaki, I am Rachael and was diagnosed 14th february. My Bc is also in my left breast. I will get full results tomorrow. i had a wle two weeks ago and do not know what my next treatment will be until tomorrow. I do know I will have rads and chemo ( as under 40) but do no tknow if need mastectomy yet. I do not have children but live with my dad and my white cat who have taken this all in their stride !!! Good luck with all your treatments and chat again soon. !!!

Rach

Hi Jaki,
Just wanted to say welcome to the forum, but sorry you’ve had to join us. All the best wishes for your op on 20th.

Hugs
Anneli

Hi Jaki

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to read of your recent diagnosis. I am sure that you will continue to receive lots of support and information from your fellow forum members. I also wanted to let you know that Breast Cancer Care have published a Resource Pack, it has been designed for anyone newly diagnosed with information to help you better understand your diagnosis, test results and various treatments, it is available via the following link or by contacting the helpline:

breastcancercare.org.uk//content.php?page_id=7514

I have also added a link to our breast reconstruction booklet which you may find useful too:

breastcancercare.org.uk//docs/breast_reconstruction_dec06_web_0.pdf

You may find our helpline useful to call during this time, they can talk to you about our other support services and also offer support and a ‘listening ear’. The number to call is 0808 800 6000 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm, Saturday, 9am - 2pm. I hope you find this helpful.

Best wishes
Lucy

Hi Jaki

I intend having recon. immediately so go to sleep with 2 boobs and wake up with 2. i am hoping i do not need rads because although i can have the recon before it means that the implant may die and have to be repeated and this what the surgeons try to avoid.

the recon usually takes place 6-12 months after the op.
i have had serious depression before and dont think i will be able to cope with no boobies. i am 59.

good luck with everything
chris