large chest wall

hi im new to this site. i got diagnosed with breast cancer last march and had to have a double mastectomy at the age of 34 my children were 2 and 4 at the time which was very hard anyway after that op it had spread to my lyph nodes so had another op then chemo and herceptin i am finally in remission and having 6 month checks but 4 weeks ago i ad my 195cc inmplants taken out and he put in 650cc but when i woke up i was absolutely devastated as the surgeon said as i av a big chest wall the implants av sunk and spread under my arms i look awful and cant wear 50 per cent of my wadrobe my husband has been fantastic and is oing to get a 2nd opinion just wondering has this happened to any1 else x

Hi Tilly, I am so sorry to read of your disappointing epxerience, and sorry too that no one has replied to your post yet. I haven’t had implants, so I can’t comment on that, but I just wanted to get your post higher up the list so someone will spot it and reply. It sounds like a second opinion would be a good idea - hopefully with the right support (e.g. a firm sports bra) and maybe a few tweaks you can get a good result. I had an LD flap reconstruction and had to wear a bra 24/7 for six weeks which was partly to hold it in shape until it settled down; maybe something like that would help?

Hope you get some helpful replies and soon have a bust you can enjoy again.

Hi Tillyd, you have been through so much already and now something else to add to the list. I cannot offer much help as i will be having my mastectomy and recon early January. I would agree with Revcat i would seek a second opinion. Has your current consultant suggested any plans? Xxxxxx