LEFT BUST

Another one here, left breast but right handed…
xx

And me - left breast right handed.

Me too, right handed - left breast removed. That is a bit scary about losing weight and having more oestrogen released into your body. I need to lose about 3 stone - my bmi is 30 at the moment. Which is worse, being overweight or losing it? AAAAAAAAAAAGH!

Maude

Me too,
right handed - left bust lumpectomy er+ and pr+, my mum is right handed and was right bust lumpectomy er+ and pr+, daughters mother in law was right handed - right bust mastectomy, er+, pr+ and Her+

Tracey x

Right handed and right breast removed
Celia.x

19 left 5 right left seems to be more favorable at the min we shall see keep posting

Right handed and right mx.
My Mum was right handed and had BC in her right breast too.

Right handed and right breast

Hi.

I’m a right handed right breast and so was my mum.

Hi vallee,being overweight increases oestrogen levels it is thought mainly in post menopause women.I found this article on the american cancer society web site.

Being overweight or obese has been found to increase breast cancer risk, especially for women after menopause. Before menopause your ovaries produce most of your estrogen, and fat tissue produces a small amount of estrogen. After menopause (when the ovaries stop making estrogen), most of a woman’s estrogen comes from fat tissue. Having more fat tissue after menopause can increase your chance of getting breast cancer by raising estrogen levels. Also, women who are overweight tend to have higher blood insulin levels. Higher insulin levels have also been linked to some cancers, including breast cancer.

But the connection between weight and breast cancer risk is complex. For example, the risk appears to be increased for women who gained weight as an adult but may not be increased among those who have been overweight since childhood. Also, excess fat in the waist area may affect risk more than the same amount of fat in the hips and thighs. Researchers believe that fat cells in various parts of the body have subtle differences that may explain this.

The American Cancer Society recommends you maintain a healthy weight throughout your life by balancing your food intake with physical activity and avoiding excessive weight gain

Best wishes Mel xx

I was told it is more common for it to be in the left breast. I was very concerned about having radiotherapy around the heart area and that’s when they told me. Perhaps they were just trying to be reassuring. I’m right handed.

hi

Iam left handed and had breast cancer in my left breast.

Louise

right handed - left breast

left breast, right handed
Carol

Hi, I’m right-handed, left BC.

Right handed, left breast

Left boob right handed
X

Right handed, left breast.

Right handed, left breast. x

Right hand, left breast
Joxx