Left mastectomy and lymph node clearance

Hi I am a 54 year old married mum of one 19 year old girl. This is my first time on here. I was first diagnosed with breast cancer following a routine mammogram back in july. I was told it had spread from a lump just by my nipple in to my lymph nodes under my arm. I had a ct scan of my thorax, abdomen and pelvis to make sure it hadn’t spread anywhere else, so relieved to hear it hadn’t.
Eleven days ago I had my mastectomy and that went well and I am recovering at home . I have been able to deal with this very positively with the help of my family and friends the doctors and nurses throughout have been wonderful and very supportive which in turn is helping me to be strong. I feel very well and on Wednesday I will be getting my pathology results , to see what other treatment or not I will need. I have read up on breast cancer but thought this would be a better way of learning and giving my help to other women who are going through the same as myself. I would welcome any correspondence on this from other members. Hope to hear back from anyone. Stay strong!!!

Hi Mandy and welcome to the BCC forums where I am sure you will find support and shared experiences from your fellow users
In addition please feel free to call our helpliners for further practical and emotional support on 0808 800 6000, lines are open weekdays 9-5 and Sat 10-2

You may find the following information and further support ideas from BCC helpful over the coming weeks:

breastcancercare.org.uk/diagnosis

Take care
Lucy BCC