Life has ground to a halt

hi

Hi rosepetal

Firstly, welcome to the Breast Cancer Care forums where I am sure you will get lots of helpful advice and support from the many users of this site.

I am sorry you are having such a difficult time at home at the moment, perhaps it would help you if you contacted our helpline on 0808 800 6000 if you would like to talk to someone in confidence about how you are feeling at the moment.

Everyone on our helpline either has experience of breast cancer or is a breast care nurse. The team comes from a variety of backgrounds, so callers get to talk to someone who has an understanding of the issues they’re facing. The team is able to talk about both technical and emotional issues surrounding breast cancer and breast health.

The line is open Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm, Saturdays 9am - 2pm

Kind regards

Sam
Breast Cancer Care

Hi Rosepetal,

I can relate to your feelings at the moment . I was also diagnosed the week before you with grade 2 on my left side but because they found suspicious cells in my lymph glands they have made no decision on my future treatment until I have my CT scan which is scheduled for next Tuesday. This is the longest fortnight of my life.

It has also coincided with what was supposed to be the 2 weeks annual holiday for myself and my husband staying at a gite near La Rochelle. This has been abandoned of course…we originally booked it last October and were really looking forward to it.

On top of that both our daughters live in the south of England, 200 miles away and we were just beginning to plan moving down nearer to them and our first grandchild.

Its very easy to think that you are being punished in some way for sins committed but you cannot waste precious time on such thoughts. Much better to be positive and look to getting on with your life when you have got through it.

Thoughts Jean

Hi rosepetal
I dont usually read this forum. My heart goes out to you, it is such a awful situation you are in.
Cancer does not always come upon us when we are secure happy and life is absolutely fine unfortunately. it maybe slightly easier to bare and cope with if it did.

I was seperating 2 months before my breast cancer diagnosis, however i had decided to stay in my marriage and work at it.
We need security and help and support at this extremely difficult time.
I am pleased i made the decision to stay and am now planning a 25th wedding anniv party in Oct. Ok it is still very hard going at times but we have to make our decisions and make the most of what we have got.

I do hope the surgery goes well.

One thing i do find odd is the guy lives 400miles away. Hope you dont mind me asking but is it a internet realtionship which has developed into a affair? Sorry but believe me the net is an extremely dicey way of meeting folk.
Anytime you wish to private message me i will help if i can.

Keep posting we are all here for you
Rx

hi rosepetal. so sorry your goung through such a tough time at the moment, the diognosis of cancer is bad enough to deal with never ind everything else that is happening, of all things i would say is just take one day at a time, goung through the treatents will be enough for you to cope with and later on when you are better again and able to think things through more clearly, you can then make the decisions neccessary for you. take care keep posting on this site you are supported on here no matter what ok ?! much love lynn xx

Firstly thank you all for your words of support.

I am finding its all about talking through your feelings and keeping a positive attitude which I think I m managing to do so far - lets hope I can keep it up after surgery and during any treatment I will require.

I have several questions! my cancer is central in the breast and will lose my nipple during surgery which option have people had or seen to be the best tattoo or adhesive ? Im also worried about work I drive quite a lot in my job and wonder if anyone has any advice about driving during chemo and radiotherapy treatment?

Im just dealing with one day at a time which I m sure we all are !!
xx