London marathon - over £3,600 for Cancer Research UK

I ran the London marathon yesterday to celebrate being five years clear of BC. I ran it for Cancer Research rather than a specific BC charity as I was also doing it in memory of my parents who both died of other cancers.

I had a disaster of a run, as I had a problem with my hip from early in the race, and limped home an hour later than I had hoped for, finishing in 5.23,so that was personally very disappointing after all the months of training, but I am so pleased to have raised over £3,600 so far for Cancer Research.

Hi RoadRunner,

Congratulations on completing the marathon and raising so much for a very worthwhile cause.

Best wishes,
Jo, Facilitator

Wow, congratulations Road Runner. Sorry the race didn’t go to plan but well done for completing and for raising so much for cencer research.

~/~/~/~/~/ virtual drinks are on me!!

Posted twice ooops.

Congratulations RoadRunner - dont knock your timing, its excellent - 26 miles is no easy run. Ive done half marathons and I’m knackered at the end lol

You have done brilliantly and your mum and dad would be proud as punch of their little girl and you have raised a mint!

Lisa

Wow, congratulations Roadrunner, that,s an amazing sum, and well done for finishing even though you were injured. Hope you are getting plenty of rest and pasta today!
Herbi x

Very very well done RR. A wonderful thing to do!! What a fantastic achievement.

Sadie Xx Xx

Congratulations Road Runner

Well done

Xxxx

Congratulations,

I am in complete awe of anyone who runs… Never mind a marathon.

Great fundraising amount… Well done you. Xx

Congratulations RR. Well done

Maj xx

hey RR, well done, great to celebrate 5 years with such an amazing achievement - disappointing for you about your hip and therefore your time, but its still a really great achievement,
cheers nicola

Hey Road Runner what a fab job. I too am in awe of anyone who even attempts to run. I would be more than proud of your tine, well done you.

Congratulations again

Carolyn xxx

Congrats, thats fabulous… I hope you are proud of your achievement :slight_smile:
x

Congratulations and very well done

It is really appreciable. Without more research, people can’t relief from cancer.