lost and empty

Alice,

Please don’t worry. You will be fine. I can’t remember what sort of op you are having, but I had a mastectomy & level one clearance last March, and was back at work after two weeks. Make sure you do the exercises you are given, and you will recover quickly.

Will be thinking of you tomorrow

Best wishes

Hi Alice

Its completely normal to feel freaked out we are all with you. I was a right stroppy cow the day before my op but it is so hard to function properly. You are used to being very busy is there no major cleaning job you could take on? Just something to take your mind off tommorow

If you are feeling that bad why not give your doctor a ring and see if he could give you something to steady the nerves a bit - I got really stressed before my wle and the doctor gave me Diazipam (Spelling) it just took the edge off so that I could still function properly. Its not a sign of weakness its a sign of strength that you know you are not coping very well. Why make your life any harder than it needs to be? Give yourself a break.

If you need to talk Im here

Sending you hugs

Karen

XXX

Dear Alice - That’s just the operation I had. I promise you that the waiting is the worst part, you hardly know what to do with yourself. Once you get to the hospital and everything is underway it all goes very quickly and I am sure you will be well looked after and have lots of reassuring people around you. As Karen says, do get some help with this, talk about how you are feeling, either with your GP or perhaps you could give your breast care nurse a call. And when you get to hospital do tell them how nervous you are so that you get some extra TLC! A few tears and high anxiety are absolutely normal and you need all the care and support you can get right now. Any of those lovely friends you could spend the evening with tonight? Good luck Alice, lots of us will be thinking of you and wanting to hear how you get on. Love Sarah.

Hi Alice

Super big hugs sent to you, the op is easy its the waiting that does your head in. Remember to do your excercises bit difficult to start with but keep at it. The BCN advised me to practise them before I had my op so that I had an idea of my movement - this was a good idea because it gave me an idea of how well I was doing.

More big hugs

Karen

XXX

Dear Alice,
I can only reiterate what the others have said. I went through the same as you on the21st Dec. I was terrified and tried to do the be strong bit but once they realised how scared I was they couldn’t have been kinder. They gave me time to talk through my fears, laughed with me and held my hand. I think they know the roller coaster of emotions we are going through. The consultant and nurses were so supportive and understanding. Do tell them how you feel, they can give you something to calm you down. For me, all I remember is the consultant joking about me being a teacher, and wanting to be in charge, and the theatre nurse quipping back that doctors and surgeons are even worse and then waking up feeling fine. I know these are only words but honestly you will be fine. I will be thinking of you tomorrow? and will look forward to your next post. Loads of cyber love and hugs
Trishxxx

Hi Alice

Are you ok! Not heard back from you. Hope you are feeling better or is it the lush in you coming out - you wont need any anesthetic ha ha. Let us know you are ok and if we dont hear from you good luck and update us on your op.

Love & Hugs
Karen
xxx

Hi Alice

So good to hear you are ok, I have been wondering and glad to hear you don’t need the mast. Good luck with the wle, wine yup that helped me before my op but I would not have any the day before surgery if I were you. Look forward to hearing from you again and wishing you well.
luvnhugsCarolexxx

First bit over

Hi Alice

Glad to hve you back - had been wondering how you had got on. I think everyone feels down after surgery but I think it is probably because you are so syced up before hand. Just take it easy and try and get rested up a bit.

Waiting for results is a nightmare I try and keep myself busy - easier said than done - I had the girls from work (playgroup) bring me their prep work I spent the weekend cutting out Elmer the Elephant!!!

If you need someone we are all here for you, you could also speak to your BCN or ring BCC line

Sending hugs

Karen

XXX

Hi Alice

Echo Karen above, post surgery and the anaesthetic etc it is normal to feel down. Just try to rest when you can and let the tears fall till they are done, that was my problem holding it all in. Just let it go girl. We are here for you. The waiting time is awful and your mind runs riot but the day will come and I hope it is not as bad as you had imagined then you can move forward again. all the very best.

Take care, luvnhugsCarolexxx

Hi again
And thanks again for all your very supportive comments both before and after my little op.

Hi Alice

Just read your post how awful for you, no wonder you are feeling so low - it does sound very clinical. My experience was that one of the BCN came for me - had to have the guide wire and mamo before surgery she stayed with me until a porter came to take me to theatre.

You sound such a caring person it is terrible that you have had this horrible expericencer.

Well welcome back here where we will all wrap you up in cyber hugs to make you feel better.

Hugs

Karen

XX

Hi Alice

Glad to see you back here, and glad you got through op okay. As Karen says it does sound very clinical -so sorry you had to go through that.

You will experience a whole host of dfferent feelings - all of which are ‘normal’ - just go with how you feel - if you want to scream and shout - do it, (I found it helped once in a while lol)

Good luck with your results next week

take care
margaret x

Hi there all
I am still waiting for my results of the WLE and sentinel node biopsy, next week

Hi Alice, sorry you are having such a long wait for results. It is really tough. Usually at the time they do the sentinel node biopsy, if they find cancer cells there they remove more lymph nodes there and then during the operation. So if they did only take the one then I would think that probably indicates that it was free of cancer. Hope that’s right anyway. The WLE results will show whether the margins were clear, and confirm (hopefully) that you don’t need further surgery. We’ll be thinking of you when you get your results, and do let us know how you are getting on, and what the ongoing treatment plan is. Are you making a good recovery from the op? Hopefully you have been getting the TLC that you deserve! Big hug and love Sarah.

Hi Alice

As Sarah says, I am so sorry you are still waiting for results - how dreadful for you. Just wanted to add my best wishes - please let us know as soon as you hear. We’re all thinking of you and hoping for good news - hope you are coping after the op.

take care

margaret x

Hi