lots of misdiagnoses and delays

44 with 2 young daughters and had fibrodenemas about 10 yrs ago for which I was given the all clear. I was diagnosed with invasive DC stage 3 yesterday evening + I think the cancer started in or was related to one fibrodenema that didn’t go away. I already knew that I had invasive cancer but being told that has still come as a shock. At each meeting with my consultant the news kept getting worse. At first it was a benign cyst, then all sorts of not particularly serious conditions. I now have to wait over another week for additional surgery to increase the clear margin and to sample lymph nodes. My consultant wanted to remove them all but seems happy just to do a sampling (for now at least). Like everyone else what gets me is the endless waiting…

Hi Helen

Welcome to the forums, I am writing to let you know that Breast Cancer Care have published a Resource Pack, it has been designed for anyone newly diagnosed with information to help you better understand your diagnosis, test results and various treatments, it is available via the following link or by contacting the helpline:

breastcancercare.org.uk//content.php?page_id=7514

You may find our helpline useful to call to talk through the concerns you may have, they can talk to you about our other support services too and also offer support, information and a ‘listening ear’. The number to call is 0808 800 6000 Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm, Saturday, 9am - 2pm. I hope you find this helpful.

Best wishes
Lucy

So sorry to hear of your dx - and I agree the waiting is horrendous. I hope your planned surgery goes well and you get clear node results. Whatever the outcome you will get loads of support and advice on tis site.