Lump formed on Reconstructed side within 5 Days

Hi everyone

I’m feeling so so so down.

Last week I had my third reconstruction done. The PS removed the existing silicone implant (which had moved upwards causing pain, ripples in the cleavage area and a really unsightly lump high up).

She explained that she was going to use a anatomically shaped implant which was thicker and would compensate for my thinner skin (due to radiotherapy).

It was decided to use a smaller implant (to buy her some skin) and reduce my good breast to give me symettry.

I was so excited about the prospect of having a more normal body image.

Anyway within five days of the surgery, pronounced lump has formed on my reconstructed side. It’s like a wide thick ridge and no where near the scar.

Has anybody else had this? Will it settle down? Could it be that the implant has capsulated already???

My PS is not exactly friendly and when I showed it to her at my post surgery check up yesterday, one week after sugery, she glared at me and asked me what I expected with a silicone implant?

I’m sooooooooooooo disappointed and worry that I will never have a ‘mound’ that at least is smooth and when clothed gives the illusion I have a normal(ish) breast shape.

Thanks.

Hi peaofsweetness,

I dont think i can be of much help to you, but i am also waiting for an exchange of expander implant to a slightly smaller silicone one. At the moment my recon is a bit bigger than the nat one and there is a bit of a ripple where they took fluid out the last time.
My ps is going to fill this in by doing liposuction at side under arm where there is excess flesh.
Like you i am looking forward to two normalish looking breasts, but am really scared that they wont turn out that way.
I was led to believe also that silicone implants were softer?
Could you not get a second opinion?
Hope its settling a bit now.

Rosie x

Hi peaofsweetness,

I dont think i can be of much help to you, but i am also waiting for an exchange of expander implant to a slightly smaller silicone one. At the moment my recon is a bit bigger than the nat one and there is a bit of a ripple where they took fluid out the last time.
My ps is going to fill this in by doing liposuction at side under arm where there is excess flesh.
Like you i am looking forward to two normalish looking breasts, but am really scared that they wont turn out that way.
I was led to believe also that silicone implants were softer?
Could you not get a second opinion?
Hope its settling a bit now.

Rosie x