lumpectomy

I had a lumpectomy on Friday and the surgeon marked me up, after he had gone I looked an noticed that the circle was below the lump
which is situated on my breast bone. I mentioned this to the staff nurse who then mentioned it to the anethestist who said not to worry as this was just a general mark up. However, I now have a hollow where the circle was and I can still feel the lump on my breast bone. I am worried sick as you can imagine and I do not know how to proceed. I am not due to see the consultant till Tuesday 8th June. Is it possible that he has missed the lump and taken out other tissue instead. I had a MRI which only showed up an isolated lump.

Hi Mrs snoo

Welcome to the Breast Cancer Care discussion forums, you’ve come to the right place for some good support as the users of these forums have a wealth of experience and knowledge between them.

While you are waiting for replies, could I suggest that you give the helpline here a ring in the morning and have a chat with one of the breast care nurses about your concerns, they’re here to support you through this. Calls to the helpline are free, 0808 800 6000 lines open Mon - Fri 9-5 and Sat 9-2.

Take care
Jo, Facilitator

i would be worried too,purely because this is all so scary and out of your hands so you are so reliant upon the experts, so don’t think you are mad for worrying. My lump was marked by a wire which was put in guided by ultrasound the morning before the operation. I am not saying that there is anythig defiinitey wrong with your operation but i would phone your bcn and raise it asap, if only to start the process of putting your own mind at rest and knowing you have done everything in your power. By the way, all round where my lump was taken was swollen and still feels hard 2 months later, though has gradually become more normal breast like, so perhaps it is the swelling around it?

Hope that helps a little

Vickie