Lunch, Bristol, Friday 25th March?

I’m popping down the M4 (well it’s an M something or other) to meet up with norberte in Bristol for lunch this Friday and wondered if anyone else would like to come along?

No agenda, formal, hidden or otherwise, the plan is to say hello, meet and EAT. Mezze at 3 for a tenner, or so I’ve been informed.

Post on here if you’re interested, so norbs can warn them…

CM
x

I’d love to come. I live in Bristol but not sure I know where Mezze is. I had lunch today with some other BCC ladies I hadn’t met before. I might as well make the most of my time off work and it is pay day on Friday! Nice to put faces to names as well.
Debs
x

Mezze is WHAT we’re eating, I think, rather than WHERE we’re eating… :wink:

Oh! lol I’m so uneducated! Well just let me know where when you decide

norberte’s the one wot knows, I’m just going to blindly follow directions. Well, not LITERALLY blindly, I’ll make sure I’ve got my specs on, but you know what I mean.

Ah shame you couldn’t have co-ordinated it to be when we all met for today…there were quite a few of us at Browns in Bristol (hi Buzzy!)and did the art galleries after…

Would’ve come up (live nr Glastonbury) but am away for a few days in Cornwall with triphazard, LifeInFrance and a load of others who live in Somerset.

So @norberte do you live in Bristol then?

Yeah, I forgot about the Cornwall thing.

post deleted

Hi Norberte and ChoccieMuffin,

Sorry, I can’t join you on Friday. I’ll be in Bristol from Monday to Thursday next week at the Penny Brohn Cancer Centre.

Best Wishes
Indigo Pearl

I know the Green Dragon. Not too far from me. Looking forward to it x

I’m sure I’ll manage to get lost on the way there but should make it eventually. I think my sense of direction was finally excised with my tumour, though it was never much good even before then.

post deleted

Just the 3 of us then? Hope thats not a crowd! What time are we meeting?

Hi Buzzy, Choccie and Norberte, I hope you have a grat lunch - I had been hovering on the sidelines hesitating about joining you, but had been feeling so rough this week I hadn’t wanted to commit then drop out. Anyway I now have shingles and am just off to get bloods checked …so best if I stay away from you all! maybe next time!

Hello you 3! Have a great lunch. Just make sure you find your way back to your various threads with your poor sense of direction all of you!!

CM you need to be able to get back to the woods and norberte you’re on copilot detail on the carpet this wknd!!

Buzzy you know you need to get back to the mx thread!!

Wandyx

post deleted

Troymaiden said she might if she can, depending on whether or not FEC2 goes ahead, depending on whether or not her WBC count is high enough.

PeeDub, feel free to come along too if you’re up to it. I’ve had chickenpox as a kid and am in my “good” chemo week or so I’ve been told, so don’t let me stop you coming along if you feel up to it. Obviously if you’re feeling crap then stay wrapped up in the duvet, but don’t let me stop you coming along. I know norberte isn’t on chemo, it’d just be Buzzy to think of, and I don’t know her current status. But the little kids on the table behind us could just as easily have chickenpox.

I’ve had chickenpox as a kid too and I’m way past chemo (although a bit more to come soon :frowning: )
Looking forward to meeting you CM. Do we have to refer to eachother by our psuedonyms? lol
Buzzy AKA Debs x

Helloo butting in on this thread as its a Bristol one - this Open day hasnt had much publicity , I’m going to have a good look at the outside space as def. interested in becoming a garden volunteer there - they have an active group developing the massive grounds / gardens - what a joy to have the luxury of so much space to play with. The idea of the garden and grounds is to start off by the house in the world as it is, and planned cultivated space and gradually move through different areas into the natural world and the limitless possibilities , our own ambitions etc etc (thats all my words !!!). sounds a good day to take the family - cooking demos etc
Penny Brohn Cancer Care Open Day
26th March 2011

As part of our 30th Anniversary celebrations, on Saturday 26th March we are opening our doors and welcoming the public to come and join us to learn more about the life changing care we provide people with cancer and their loved ones.

Throughout the day we will be running tours of the Centre and gardens. There will be talks on living well with cancer, gentle exercise and nutrition along with cooking demonstrations, massage, relaxation sessions and much more. Bring family and friends - all are welcome.

For more information or to book onto the Open Day, please contact the Fundraising Team on 01275 370 073, email <script type=“text/javascript”>eval(unescape(‘%64%6f%63%75%6d%65%6e%74%2e%77%72%69%74%65%28%27%3c%61%20%68%72%65%66%3d%22%6d%61%69%6c%74%6f%3a%6f%70%65%6e%64%61%79%73%40%70%65%6e%6e%79%62%72%6f%68%6e%2e%6f%72%67%22%3e%6f%70%65%6e%64%61%79%73%40%70%65%6e%6e%79%62%72%6f%68%6e%2e%6f%72%67%3c%2f%61%3e%27%29%3b’))</script> ordownload and complete this form and return to Penny Brohn Cancer Care, Chapel Pill Lane, Pill, Bristol, BS20 0HH.

post deleted