lymph node removal

Keeping the CH thermostat and gas bill down! dilly

I had a WLE for a benign fibroid which revealed cancerous tissue around the lump which had not come up on the biopsy report. This meant going back into hospital 4 weeks later to get the nodes taken out. I asked my consultant about SNB and he said he could arrange it if that was what I wanted. However, he pointed out that if their was a spread he would want to then clear the whole lot, which would have meant a further op and would be putting back the dates for chemo/rads. I said to him if I had been 35 I would have chanced it but as I’m 45 I didn’t want to and he agreed this was a very sensible way to look at it.

I had the nodes out on 25th October, painful at first due to the nerves, but I have exercised my arm religiously. If I wake up with it during the night I stretch it out too. I am now managing to do housework and things like ironing, but I find it gets a bit sore if I type for too long and I still have to take painkillers some days. Had my first FEC this morning and I’m OK so far.