Lytic Lesion

Lytic Lesion

Lytic Lesion Hi, I’d be grateful to hear from anyone who has had a lytic lesion.

I had breast cancer in 2005, I had a mastectomy, 7 months of chemo and 5 weeks of radiotherapy. My treatment finished in March 2006, but I still go to the chemo ward every 3 months as I am on the trial drug, zoledronic acid. I had been having a pain in my right clavicle (same side as mastectomy) and had an xray yesterday. Anyway, I have a softening of my clavicle, which looks like a hole to me on the xray. My oncologist says it could either be a bone abcess or infection or at worst, cancerous cells.

Just when I thought I’d got my life back on track, here I go again with the pain and the worry. There is a possibility that it could be an abcess, which I really hope it is, but deep down, I think the cancer has come back. I feel really down and am really struggling with this at the moment. I have a bone scan tomorrow, and although I’m glad to have an appointment so soon, I am absolutely dreading the result. I am so teary and cry at the drop of a hat at the moment.

If anyone could give me some support or information on whether they have had anything like this, I’d love to hear from you.

For AliBLK Hello AliBLK,

Welcome to the forums where I am sure you will get lots of help and support from the many users of this site.

I am sorry to hear you are worried and concerned about your recent pains. Could I suggest that you phone our freefone telephone helpline where the breast care nurses and trained helpliners will be able to talk to you about your concerns.

The number to phone is 0808 800 6000, the lines being open 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday and Saturdays 9am - 2pm.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards
BCC Host

Ali don’t know if I have lytic or osteolytic lesions- but both are treated by bisphosphonates so your onc wil/should be prescribing these for you pronto. Neither L nor OL lesions are life threatening but need to be arrested.
Don’t be frightened- lots of ladies live with these- just remember right medication straight away is the answer to your probs.
Best wishes, dilly