Mammogram results in 10 days.

Hi, I had my first routine mammogram on the 6th January, it was uncomfortable but can’t say it was painful. When the tests were done, the nurse said I would have my results within 2/3 weeks. I assumed that if anthing was wrong they would be in touch sooner than that. My friend had her mammogram and didnt get her letter for just over 3 weeks. She was fine. Anyway, today the 16th I got my letter. I had been worried and obsessed since the test and was convinced since it was only 10 days ago, that the news was bad. Thank goodness it wasn’t, I am relieved. Just wanted to say if you get your results early, it doesnt necessarily mean anything is wrong. 

Hi Forum, 

I am sorry you went through this anxious time but thank you for sharing your encouragement and support to other users. I am sure some of them will be along soon to share their own experiences. 

I have moved your post to our busier ‘Appointments and waiting for test results’ board.

If you would like to talk, please do call oursupport lineat 0808 800 6000 who will be able to share information and support.

Best wishes, 

Lizzy 

Digital Community Assisitant 

Hi, thats good news. I am still waiting for my results letter from my mammogram which was 3 weeks ago, they also said it would take 2/3 wks I have been waiting for the post every day its drivng me mad.

I know I will be the same Val when I go for my first mammogram post treatment and every year after that .After the last letter I received sent my world into tail spin ,I am not looking forward to the anxious waiting .If it has been 3 weeks is it worth following up with the Breast clinic just in case the letter has gone astray ?