mastectomy and imm recon 3 months on

hi i had a mastectomy and reco straight away in DEC. i have done exercises and all is well except i cant get arm up at back to reach bra strap but always struggled before…
i was just wondering if anyone still suffers aches pains etc . i seem to have different pains each week they are all bearable. i don’t go to doctor its not that bad. i don’t like ringing BC nurse as when did before they weren’t sure what is normal at this stage.
my main area is when i put my arm down at my side and my side itself. back feels stiff. i had ld flap.
when i look at myself with arm up i have lots of rolls could be fat fluid or just how the op looks not sure.
anyone else look or fell the same.
thanks
dull day in bedford today
Julie

Hi Julie,

I am a bit further on, I had my op in November. I do not have any trouble with my arm movements and can reach round the back ok. My back feels stiff at times, I am hoping it will ease with time as the scar loosens. I keep massaging in bio-oil or calendula cream to keep it supple. I find that the recon. firms up at times and I get pins and needles sensation in part of my back, I’m hoping it is just everything settling down. I haven’t got any rolls, just the indentation of the scar. I am having rads at the moment,( I decided to risk it for peace of mind as my tumour was close to the skin and chest wall), and I have had some interesting sensations which I put down to them.
I have an appointment in June with the surgeon for the nipple recon. so I shall ask then if I am still getting any problems.
Are you on any hormone treatment? they can give you aches and pains.
Best wishes, and keep doing exercises.