MBC 5+ year survivor

That’s amazing Julie. So delighted to hear your story. Reading the positive helped me so much when I was going through treatment. I was diagnosed with de novo breast cancer in June 2021 and so far after treatment I’m flying.I had chemotherapy , a mastectomy and radiotherapy. I’m on tamoxifen, Zoladex with Zometa every 3 months. I’m keeping busy and doing everything I did before cancer. Your story gives me such hope .
Xx

1 Like

Hi guys
I’m new around here, sadly not new to cancer. But I do have a positive story to share, a story over 20 years.
Diagnosed with stage 3 BC at 32, mastectomy and chemo
Then again at age 37, other side, stage 2, same treatment as above.
Tested positive for Braca 2 gene, had ovaries removed
Age 42 I was diagnosed with secondary breast cancer on my liver, I had successful surgery to remove the tumour and very intense chemotherapy
I am now 52, living a cancer free life , continuing with annual CT scans.

I really hope one day we read more about positive outcomes

Xx

14 Likes

Wow that’s long time!! Thank you for sharing your story of hope with us!
Do you are on a maintenance therapy or any treatment? (If you don’t mind me asking)
Anyways what an amazing story, you must be very strong

1 Like

Hi ya

Ask away, any questions
I have been on Exemestane since 2013, no plans to take me off this as yet, that’s 1x day . Due to medical induced menopause at an early age I now have osteoporosis so I take Ibandronic acid 1 x month and x 4, Adcal per day, that all on the drug side, then CT scan annually x

2 Likes

Thank you! I really think it is important for us to ear stories like yours, and everybody else that have post here!
Thank you, you ladyes experiences are precious, and I think it is what keep me going…the hope medicines will keep me alive and well for that long! And hopefully in the future there will be some new cures that will be easier or even curative.
Best luck to everyone!

1 Like

Hi Katie

Wow! Your story was just what I needed to read. I have a single liver met and I am hopefully having surgery soon. Are you still on any form of treatment. Did your consultant consider you cured?? Sorry for all the questions :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Hi Sarah
This makes me so happy to read.
I had 1/8 of my liver removed with clear margins then chemotherapy, adjunctive " chemotherapy Gemcitabine/Carboplatin

I have been on Exemestane since 2013, no plans to take me off this as yet, that’s 1x day . Due to medical induced menopause at an early age I now have osteoporosis so I take Ibandronic acid 1 x month and x 4, Adcal per day, that all on the drug side, then I have a annual CT scan to keep tabs.

In regard to my status, honestly I’m not sure if I’m classed as cured? Or currently no sign of disease, which is what is on my clinic letter, but if a confusing one

X

1 Like

Hi everybody! Best Easter wishes to whoever celebrate or good Sunday to everybody else!
I just wanted to post this interesting story of hope! Nomatter what stage or situation you are, there can always be hope. And medicines are improving quikly!
Best wishes everyone

2 Likes