Message for alisoncamera

Message for alisoncamera

Message for alisoncamera Hi Alison,

I saw your post on one of the other threads and had to message you. I imagine your head is all over the place right now, I know mine was when I was diagnosed in march. Like you, I was surprised at how quickly I got my results following the tests, they literally told me an hour later. In a way thats a blessing and it does seem to be a bit of a postcode lottery.

The news you have had today is awful, we can all vouch for that. It will take a long time to get your head round it and at times it will all feel very surreal. Telling family and friends can be very upsetting and I’ve no doubt you will get all manner of responses/reactions. My best friend burst into tears and then put the phone down! Thankfully she did call straight back.

I wish you well as you start out on this journey. I hope you find the support from this site as invaluable as I have. We are all in the same boat and understand totally where you are coming from. I think I ordered just about every leaflet and booklet available on this site when I was first diagnosed!

Take care of yourself and be sure to let us know how you are doing,

Kelly
-x-

BLUE DYE GUIDED AXILLARY SAMPLING hi all, got my first op next friday, i am having the above, then hopefully a full masectomy and reconstruction shortly after, has anyone ever had this before and if so, can you explain a little more about it to me and let me know how it was for you. still in a bit of a state of disbelief, but i am feeling positive about the future. its great to have the support of the women on here

love

alison

Hi Kelly, thank you so much for you kindness and support, it really is appreciated, i have found this site invaluable since i found out on Wednesday. talk to you soon

Alison

Hi Alison

I know just how you feel…that was me back in march this year…i had had x2 duct removals followed by sentinel node biopsy…they used radioactive injection with me rather than the blue dye…they use both to identify the primary draining lymph glands which they then remove…my scar was about 2cms long and i just needed paracetamol post op…hopefully like me your lymph nodes will be clear.

Subsequently i went on to have a total mastectomy and diep reconstruction…this was 4 weeks ago…and despite it being a massive op i was driving again at 3 weeks and now back looking after my kiddies aged 2 and 4…

I wish you loads of luck for you future treatment and you may find these websites useful: www.optionsforbreastreconstruction.com & www.diepflap.com

The diep recon which not all plastic surgeons do…uses tummy fat and skin to recon the boob and the general surgeon usually takes only your nipple and areolar and saves the rest of your breast skin…had to take a bit more with me as cancer very near surface…

Lots of love and good luck
Anna xx

Hi Anna, i will be having the back muscle put into mine, (apparently suitable for little to medium boobies) and as mine are little then thats fine with me, that options for breast reconstruction site is really good, i understand a lot more now than i did yesterday, so a very big thank you for pointing me in that direction, its great having the support of this site, and i think you are marvellous how you have got back on your feet so soon and are able to look after your little ones, my youngest is 15 and eldest is 25, so at least i have that extra family support, it must have been a real struggle for you, as i should imagine you are a lot younger than i am (i’m 44). Well Done You X

lots of love

Alison

Dear Alison I am sorry to hear of your recent diagnosis. I can see that you have received lots of helpful advice and support from the other forum users, in addition, you are welcome to contact our freephone helpline on 0808 800 6000 where you are able to talk to someone in confidence about how you are feeling at the moment. The line is open Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm, Saturdays 9am - 2pm

Breast Cancer Care have recently published a Resources Pack which you may find helpful to read, it is filled with information to help you better understand your diagnosis, test results and the various treatments available. You can download it from the following link or you can ask for a copy to be sent to you via the helpline:

breastcancercare.org.uk//content.php?page_id=7514

Kind Regards
Forum Host
Breast Cancer Care