Message for Dilys, Lucy, Lollie, Dahlia, Candy

Hi Ladies

I hope you are all ok and especially Pauline…

Lollie I have another question about rads, when yiou have planning what do they do…by the sounds of it I might be there all afternoon which I wasnt expecting…my treatment now starts on the 15th Aug and planning on the 8th

Love
Lucy
XXXXX

Hi All

I have just typed a long reply but had a problem posting it so will try again!

Lucy, radiotherapy probably took no longer than an hour. The first 20 minutes was spent with the oncologist who explained what they were going to do and then the rest of the time was in radiotherapy dept in the simulator. Unfortunately when I went for planning the simulator was out of order so I only got to speak to the oncologist and then had to go back 2 days later for actual planning. It was a bit of a pain as I felt like I had a wasted journey but I suppose it can’t be helped. When I went back they had kept the unit open especially for me and had to unlock the door to let me out!

Anyway, the actual planning is ok if you don’t mind lying topless in the middle of a room on a sort of trolley type bed. You have to lie there for probably half to three quarters of an hour with your arm up so that your hand is next to your head while 2 or 3 radiographers walk around you taking measurements and talking to each other. They then draw over your boob with felt tip marker pen and disappear off to a different room where they can still see you and then come back and make some adjustments until they are happy with their measurements. Then when they are happy they do the permanent tattoos. I had 4 tattoos but I think most people seem to only have 3. It’s all painless but a bit uncomfortable lying for so long with your arm up and can get a bit cold too. I know what you mean about being there all afternoon though as I had to wait quite a lot during chemo and rads and always went prepared to stay as long as it took.

Dilys, its good to hear you are still feeling fine.

Pauline, I have been thinking of you today and hope all went well and you are ok.

Love to all.

Love Lollie x

thanks Lollie & Dahlia,

am a bit scared of it all…

Love
Lucy
XXXX

Dear All

Am so hoping that Pauline will be ok to get back on here soon.

Love you all and thanks for the info about rads Lollie. Will have to re double the exercises!

Much love

Dilys
xxx

Hi All

I have just noticed that my last message said radiotherapy took no longer than an hour. I meant to say radiotherapy “planning” took no longer than an hour. I lost the message the first time I wrote it so wrote it again in a bit of a hurry. Sorry about that, I hope I didn’t confuse you all. Radiotherapy itself only takes about 10 minutes and most of that time is lining you up and getting you in the right position.

I hope you are ok Pauline and we hear from you soon.

Love to all.

Love Lollie x

Hi Lollie and all

Oh well, that doesn’t sound so bad then. I am still redoublng the exrecises I still don’t like having the left am over my head. What a wimp. Actually got sme sleep last night and am feeling better again. Have attacked the mouth ulcers with bonjela so feel as if I am getting somewhere. Just waiting for the hearing aid man to arrive for my husband this afternoon and hoping they will be ok. Feels very positive!

Hpe you are ok Pauline, and that you are all right Lucy?

Dismal weather back with a vengeance eh?

Much love to all

Dilys
xxxx

Dear all

am glad that you are still all well, that is great news…well that is apart from Pauline…I hope that she is alright…I get the feeling perhaps she isnt too well and sending love and strength incase this is the case…

Oh well counting down to the last poisoning on Friday…I felt to day after going for the blood test that I just want to bring it on and get it over and done with I felt like I have the strength today to contend with it…hospital rang yesterday my rads will now be on the 15th Aug with the planning on the 8th…feel like I am getting somewhere again…

Love as always
Lucy
XXXX

Dear Lucy and all

So glad to hear from you Lucy darling and glad you are feeling more positive. Must be good to have a forward plan and Lollie sounded fine about rads. I too am worried about Pauline - so hope she is ok. It is the one trouble with this site. You do worry when you don’t hear from people, but that is probably good as well. I have been taken out of my self today by my husband’s new hearing aids. Fantastic so far! He can hear the planes from City Airport, cars along the street, light switches, the microwave ping! May be tonight the cat snoring? It is a new world for him and I am DELIGHTED. I can speak to him normally. It is just wonderful. Long may it last, eh? Not quite bc but a long misery lifting for a while. Can’t wait for him to be able to both see and then hear his grand daughters (not to mention his own lovely daughter).

Much love my darling. Try to sleep well.

Dilys
xxxx

Hi All

Lucy, I just wanted to wish you all the best for tomorrow. Nearly there now and not too long to wait for radiotherapy so I am sure you will soon see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Dilys, it is so good that you are still feeling well. I can imagine how pleased you and your husband are now that he has his new hearing aid. My Aunt has a hearing aid which hasn’t been working for her recently and it is very difficult especially when I telephone her and so frustrating for her too.

I have been thinking about Pauline and like you feel a bit worried about her. I hope we hear from her soon.

Love Lollie x

Hallo Lollie

Yes I know what you mean about Pauline. I am actually very worried about her, and feel a bit guilty about feeling ok, and so chuffed that I can actually talk to my husband! Feel for your aunt!

Lucy - all the best for tomorrow. With you in spirit!

Lots of love

Dilys
xxxx

Dear All

Now I am worried! Where are you all? Are you ok Pauline? Hope all is going well today Lucy.

Much love as ever

Dilys
xxxx

Hi Ladies

I am back here today for a while, I am ok so far just really tired and feeling a hillucinatty not sure why, feel like I have been drinking,hopefully I wont be sick and am keeping everything crossed I have made it that is such a good feeling in itself no more needles yippee!!!

I am praying for Pauline to be back on here I hope she is ok

Love to you all, might disapear for a while so dont be alarmed if mine kicks off…

Love
Lucy
XXXX

Hi Dilys and All

I am here!! But equally as worried as you are about Pauline. I do hope she is ok and back on here soon.

Lucy, as Dilys says, I hope all has gone well with you today and you are celebrating the end of chemo.

Love to all

Lollie x

Dear Lucy and Lollie

Thanks so much to you both for being back. Lucy - thank god you are there and smiling? Lollie - thanks also for being there. I feel so guilty about feeling well! Have wig on now in preparation for the reality. But I am still so worried about Pauline. I am still holding her hand so tightly and so wanted her to folloe me. I am hoping against hope it might be a system failure (IT that is) rather than poor Pauline?

Love you so much my dears

Dilys
xxxx

Hi Dilys

Please don’t feel guilty about feeling well. We are all glad that you are ok. I have been checking on here regularly today to see if there is a post from Pauline. I hope it is an IT failure and really hope we hear from her soon.

How do you feel in your wig? Do you like it? It took me a while to get used to mine but in the end I really liked it. Actually it was nicer than my own hair!

Love Lollie x

Hi Lollie

Yes my wig is much nicer than my own hair, but it felt weird. Sort of unstable? Expect you get used to it? I do like the style though. Mine has always been very fine and I don’t know how much time I will save every morning not blow drying it! At least half an hour. Mind you I will miss reading at the same time! Yes my love I am worried about Pauline. Feel bad as it was my virtual hand that she was holiding! And I still feel so ordinary one week one from the first chemo.

Are you free from wigs and the like now? I took such comfort from your posts about rads. Makes me fele that one day I can actually go back to work and do something useful!

Much love

Dilys

xxxxx

Dear Dilys and Lollie

Glad to see you are still keeping the flag flying…I’m sure that Pauline should be back very soon it has been 5 days now since she had chemo…

I dont feel too bad today just come over queasy now and again and pop some more pills…I cant believe I have made it I am so thrilled that it is all over now…my onc said to me yesterday “thank God for that” I couldnt stop laughing, he is such a lovely man and has really looked after me. I have to go and see him for 4 weeks for a check up so it is nice not to have to worry about being poisoned every three weeks.

oh well I am going to take it easy this weekend enjoy yours whatever you are doing hope Pauline will be back soon!

Love
Lucy
XXXX

Dear Lucy

So glad for you I can’t tell you! It must be a great feeling. You have a really good weeekend and do EXACTLY what you want to do. Have a huge congratulatory hug from me!

So much love

Dilys
xxxxx

Hi Dilys and Lucy

Lucy, isn’t it a lovely feeling when you know you have finished chemo. Congratulations to you and I hope you feel ok so you can celebrate this weekend.

Dilys, you asked about my hair. I used the cold cap so didn’t lose my hair completely.It did thin quite a bit especially after I started the taxotere but I was never actually bald and no bald patches. Well I had my last chemo on 22nd March and had my hair cut around the middle of April to try and thicken it up a bit and havn’t worn my wig since then. I had it cut again last week and it is short but not too bad. I would really like to colour it but they advise you to wait for 6 months after chemo so I will have to wait a bit longer for that. I liked the style of my wig but it always felt a bit uncomfortable. As I still had hair too it seemed to slip easily so I used to grip it so I was more confident wearing it. I only wore my wig if I was going out somewhere and as it was winter I found a hat quite useful to cover up my thin hair.

I am glad you are still feeling well. Like Lucy says it is 5 days now since Pauline had her chemo so hopefully she will be back soon.

The weather is quite nice today isn’t it. I even sat out in the garden with my lunch for a while making the most of it as they forecast rain again tomorrow!

Love Lollie x

Hi Lollie

Yes I am still fine (and still worried about Pauline). Thanks for that about hair. I haven’t used the cold cap. Haven’t really been offered it actually, so am going with the flow. Nothing abnormal so far but I gather it kicks in after the first three weeks of chemo? Mine is very fine anyway so may be it will grow back thick and curly? I live in hope. Never have coloured it anyway so whatever comes back will happen! I am still feeling ridicoulsly well. Can’t quite believe it. Mouth ulcers gone. No problem at all - yet! Were you ok?

Much love

Dilys
xxxx