Message for Dilys, Lucy, Lollie, Dahlia, Candy

Hi Dilys

I had 4 AC and 4 taxotere (I think the AC is similar to FEC). I found that I felt the same after all AC chemos and fortunately I too felt quite well. I felt a bit sicky immediately after but nothing much really and the only other thing was the sore mouth. The side effects of taxotere were different with no sicky feeling at all. After the first taxotere I had sore hands and feet, diarrhoea and sore mouth but after the others I just had irritating little things like dry skin, sore mouth and sore eyes. I think I gradually felt more tired with each treatment too. Just after the last taxotere I also had fluid retention which caused swollen ankles. I am certainly glad to have finished though!

I am still worried about Pauline too and I do hope she is back with us soon. I have been checking on here regularly to see if there is a message from her. Hopefully there will be soon.

I hope you are enjoying the weekend. We have my son and daughter and their partners coming tomorow for a BBQ but I think it is forecast to rain again so we may have to have a change of plan!

Are you having your treatment at a London hospital?

Love Lollie x

Dearest Lollie

That helps a lot. I too have had small aggravating things that could have happened anyway. Long may it last! Yes it is Newham University Hoppital and they have been great, for the surgery and the after care, and indeed for my husband’s heart problems. They had a terrible reputation a few yers ago but I really can’t fault them now. They have a strong link into Barts and the London, but from where I am they are perfect.

Have a great time tomorrow, and hope the rain stays away!

Much love

Dilys
xxxx

Hi Dilys

You are lucky with a local hospital that could do your surgery and chemo. My local hospital don’t administer chemo and I had to go to the Sussex Cancer Centre in Brighton. Only 30 minutes drive on a good day, a lot longer in rush hour! So not too bad really. I joined BUPA last year so I have had my treatment privately but they still use the NHS facilities at the cancer centre for chemo and rads. They offered radiotherapy at a hospital in London, Cromwell Hospital I think but I decided I didn’t want to travel into London everyday for 5 weeks.

Anyway, the weather so far today is great so at the moment we are intending to go ahead with the BBQ. I hope you are having an enjoyable sunday. Still worrying about Pauline and hoping she will be back soon.

Love Lollie x

Dear Lollie

Damn I just vwrote a whole new post and lost it! Does that happen to you? But thanks for being there my love. We just came through a huge storm so if it is raining with you now it might just stop soon. Hope it doesn’t affect your BBQ. Yes we are so so lucky with the hospital. I count my blessings every day. It ws a known sink when I came here in 1981 (not even thinking about health care) but now it is just great. Where I had the surgery is to die for. I felt really guilty about coming home and sleeping unhygienically with cats!

Hope we stay well. Fingers so firmly crossed. And please let Pauline get back on here soon. I am so worried for her.

Love to you Lollie. May be going down to stay in my brother’s house in Bognor in a couple of weeks while he is away. If I am ok after the next lot. Don’t say anything on here of course buit are you near-ish?

Much love

Dilys
xxxx

Hi Dilys

I know what you mean about writing a post and losing it.It has happened to me on a couple of occasions since we have had the new style forums and usually when I have written a long message! Now, if I am writing quite a lot, I copy it just in case so that if I lose it I can just paste it in again.

Anyway just to let you know that it stayed dry for us yesterday. We had a lovely BBQ and we all enjoyed a little bit of summer. I can’t believe how lucky we were to avoid the rain.

How are you feeling today? Still well I hope. Spending some time in Bognor sounds lovely and lucky that you can fit it in between chemo’s. Yes I am quite close to Bognor but I actually live in one of the commuter towns on the London to Brighton line. I havn’t tried private messaging yet but I could probably tell you more freely if I did!

Still no word from Pauline. I am sure she will be back soon as its nearly a week now since her chemo. Also, I hope Lucy is ok. I know she said she might not be on here for a few days so I hope she is fine.

Love Lollie x

Dear Lollie

Lovely to hear from you and glad it stayed fine over the weekend. I was beginning to think everyone had vanished! I still worry abut Pauline though. I am hopful that Lucy can recover and move forward now the last chemo is done.

I am fine still, though today I think my hair is starting to come out. know it is going to happen but am so not lookng forward to it. Anyway have my cousin coming over to see me today which will be good. Haven’t seen her since last October at her son’s wedding!

Lots and lots of love

Dilys
xxxxx