Message for Kelly

Hi Kelly

Just thought would check on you today too, as not heard from you for a while, and hoping that everything is well and you are coping. THink few of us are going through a rough patch at the moment, with hair loss etc, and feeling low, but I know you are further down the line with your treatment than we are.

I notice when you are not around, as you are so supportive to everyone on here and always post with sound advice and loving thoughts and comments.

Take care of yourself and keeping my fingers crossed that you are ok and not having a s****y time right now.

Love
Dawn
x

Hi Dawn,

thanks for asking after me, thats really nice. I’ve been away for a few days, enjoying a well deserved break away! I haven’t been near a computer since Fri and I must say its been quite nice. I am back with a vengence now though! LOL!!

Thankfully not having a shi**y time at the mo. Just coming to the end of my 3 week break from chemo so am feeling really 'well. Even managed to have quite a few drinks at the weekend with no ill-effects! My hair is finally getting a wriggle on and I growing nicely now, and I had to pluck my eyebrows for the first time in months today. So, things are really looking up, at last!!! I’m under no illusions though, chemo next weds, so no doubt I’ll be a weeping willow again!!!

I hope you are doing ok right now and aren’t finding things too tough,

Take care and be sure to keep in touch,

Kelly
-x-

Hi Kelly

Glad to hear you are ok. Actually vaguely recall you were maybe going to Kent to see family. You will have not been too far away from me, as live literally across Dartford Tunnel.

Am Ok, but a little bit depressed as my hair is coming out quite a lot now. Got to the stage where can’t comb it, as just get heaps of hair. Getting cut again tomorrow, as long as ok after 2nd lot of chemo, but thinking might just be better to get shaved. Dunno really, just feeling very sorry for myself I think right now.

Ah well, upwards and onwards I spose, tomorrow is another day, and hopefully no other side effects from chemo, so just have to get use to the hair loss. Any tips gratefully received.

Great that you had a fab weekend, including some drinks, and sure your next chemo will be ok. Might not be on line much tomorrow due to chemo, depends how I feel when I get home.

Take care
Love
Dawn
x

Hi Dawn,

you are well within your rights to feel sorry for yourself right now. Personally, I always feel sorry for myself around chemo time! The hair loss thing is pretty tough. I got my OH to shave my head for me and was glad I did.

Yeah, I was in Kent this weekend. The weather was awesome and we had a lovely time. Even managed to forget all my worries for a few days, hurrah!!

I hope all goes well tomorrow, take care and be sure to let us know how you get on,

Kelly
-x-