Mixed Type Stage Two

Hi everyone

I am new to the site and have recently been dianosed with mixed type stage two breast cancer. I have to have an mri and microbubble ultrasound this week and then back for a discussion on next steps next week. I am great most of the time, especially when there are others around. However sometimes, when I am on my own I just feel sad. No other way to describe it just sad! Have spent a lot of time researching on the internet taking care about which sites I visit etc. However there is little info re mixed type and outcomes. If anyone can offer any advice I would be really grateful :slight_smile:

Thanks Fi x

Hi Fi

I’m so sorry you have had to join us, but you’ve come to right place for information and support. I have to admit I don’t know what you mean by mixed type bc - is it that you have more than one tumour and they have different hormone status?

finty xx

Hi, my BC is lobular grade two and DCIS grade 3, it’s not uncommon to have different types, your medical team will give your full pathology once you had your surgery and discuss your prognosis with you if you wish to know. BC is very individual and I wouldnt spend too much time googling, can be a bit scary. It’s a difficult time from dx until you know your treatment plan and maybe you will find ringing the helpline helpful for you. This is a very supportive place! Sorry you find yourself here, take a day at a time and be kind to yourself. xxx

Hi Fi,

Welcome to the Breast Cancer Care discussion forums where I’m sure you’ll get lots of good support from the many informed users of this site.

I have put for you below the link to one of BCC’s publications ‘Understanding your pathology report’, which you may find helpful. As Tina has already said the BCC helpline staff are also here to support you, just give them a call.

breastcancercare.org.uk/healthcare-professionals/publications/quick-order-list/*/changeTemplate/PublicationDisplay/publicationId/91/

Hope this helps. Take care,
Jo, Facilitator

Thank you all for taking the time to respond. Mixed type is both lobular and ductal. Have wandered around reading a few posts and this time of waiting before a course of treatment is decided upon is definitately the worst part. I understand the need for the mri and the microbubble ultrasound but just wish I didn’t have to then wait another week for results! I know I am not alone in all this - I think I am just such a control freak I want it all done asap!

Thanks again its great to know there are people who know exactly where I am at emotionally :slight_smile:

Fi x

Hi,

I too was mixed type lobular and ductal stage3. My outcome has been good as I have been NED for 2 years now.
I had no different treatment for these 2 types, same as someone who has either singularly ductal or lobular, other than herceptin as I was her+ and tamoxifen followed by arimidex for pr+ and er+.
I do like a little of everything especially when it comes to puddings,My friend said I never do anything by half just got to have it all!

Good luck.xx

Thank you for that info.It’s lovely to hear from someone who has been through the same thing. I know its different for everyone but that can feel really isolating. Just having someone explain the treatment is the same is great. Thank you so much. :slight_smile:

Fi xx

I understand what you mean about feeling isolated, I found it really difficult finding someone with the same diagnosis especially as both types where found in one tumour, I often hopped between idc and ilc looking for common ground.
I just came to the conclusion that if my surgeon and onco were happy then so was I.
I know you are at the beginning but there is light and life at the end and you eventually come out the other side,keep focussing ahead and don’t look back.
XX