Mountain Lion

I think this fable hits the scenario right on the head.
I’m 2 years 5 months into my cancer journey. 8 ops, chemo, radiotherapy, zoledronic acid, hormone treatment and 1 op to go. Partner of 8.5 years left me in Jan for another woman (a client) altho he was very supportive during the first 18 months. The story tells it how it is. And is funny. Like someone else on this thread said… made me laugh when not much does these days. Xx thank you.

Hi everyone, it’s a shame this can’t be published in a national newspaper, because for all our friends, family and colleagues that think once your hair starts to grow back “you’re better”…? It might explain to them, it’s not that simple. To all the Big-game hunters out there lots of hugs xx

I had a giggle and smiled. Thanks for sharing strawberry blonde. :slight_smile:

Absolutely great and has made me smile this morning whilst on the train, so probably looking a bit strange to other passengers. I believe that each day we can find joy in something. Today I know I’ll have lots of joy as I see my family. But here on this train sitting on my own, a lovely copper coloured spaniel owned by another passenger has decided to curl up on the floor next to my seat… lovely

Just perfect, as a new recently operated on member of the club, what a wonderful analogy ?

This is brilliant! Loved the ‘have you tried rubbing with kale’ but. I could relate to most of it except I never got the ‘wow you’re amazing’ bit once they thought it was ‘all over’. Instead I was expected to instantly spring back to how I was before the lion started chasing me, and help others with their stressful lives and when I didn’t/couldn’t, I was told I was being selfish. I never, ever want to be in a position where I need help or care from anyone again, the feeling of obligation and the stress it causes is just too much. 

Brilliant analogy of just how bc hits us. The idea of finding a mountain lion in the fridge is just so far out there, just the same as the shock of being diagnosed with BC. As for the husband being pedantic and pointing out it’s a puma that’s what my husband would say. Brought a smile to my face aswell☺. 

Wow, this made me giggle. Totally love this story, can’t get enough of it.

Love this. Agree with all other comments.

I think I’m one of the one’s fleeing a three legged mountain lion, as my smallish lump has been surgically removed without a mastectomy and I’m having to have ‘just’ 4 chemo sessions and radiotherapy. Whilst I fully realise I am lucky as it was discovered really early, it’s still not easy! I’ve just had my second chemo session, so still running up the mountain, I can’t wait to reach the top and find that bear! 

Just found this xxx 

absolutely brilliant x I’m day 1 of my chemo  ( no surgery yet) but I’m up there trying to find the bear xx 

This is such a beautiful, wonderful story! Totally have to share it at least with my mum. :cattongue:

This is amazing, I’ve just sent it to my husband and daughter .

I’ve always been able to climb mountains but finding this one very difficult xx

Thankyou for sharing 

Absolutely loved this fable, and found it funny, gave me hope too and helped me to understand what I’m going through better. Hopefully my comment might bump this up for others to read.

2 Likes