My mum secondary cancer

So my mum was diagnosed with grade 3 breast cancer last May - mastectomy, chemo (4 sessions) and then radiotherapy. She was then told 29/12/15 she was cancer free. She had terrible neck pain, roll on 17/01/16 to be told the cancer was back at the top of her neck, traces in liver and lung. So 5 sessions of radiotherapy started, neck pain disappeared. Then she was going for a chemo review on Tuesday 16/02/16 she collapsed in the hospital car park , rushed into hospital to be told she has septicaemia. She was admitted to hospital immediately started on iv antibiotics, then it came like a punch in the stomach, the cancer is aggressive in the liver. They have told us that there will be no treatment, as she is very weak. Her infection levels are fluctuating and they have told me that the disease is very progressive. I am angry because she deserves some attempt at treatment. I am totally gutted as I don’t want my mum to go anywhere she is only 57 xxx

Hi Doodle bop, 

I am really sorry that you and your mum are going through this very difficult time, our users are very supportive and I am sure they will be along soon to offer their support.

In the meantime please do call our help line at 0808 800 6000 who will be able to talk to you about what you and your mum are going through and offer a friendly ear.

Best wishes,

Lizzy