need info told had mets to the brain

hello all, i will make this story short but for the past 2 years i have had a brown greenish discharge from my left breast and it is very painful acroos my breeast under my arm . I have been to 8 different dr. all told me not to worry. Its nothing. went to a new dr. he took a skull xray. call me told and told me i had 2 shadow leison consist with mets to the brian from breast cancer. No one told me i even had breast cancer . can any one give me any advise or have they had this problem any info will help

Hi mggmama

I am so sorry to hear of the possible brain mets that you have been told about. I can’t believe that in the course of seeing 8 Dr’s, not one suggested Br Ca, I had an identical discharge and less than 9 months later was dx with Br Ca!

When you say you have seen 8 Dr’s are these GP’s? or are they surgeons/consultants at the hospital or breast unit? I guess you had other symptoms therefore requiring the skull xray be taken? I would also assume that they need to try and locate your primary tumour before deciding what course of treatment to take? I am afraid that in your situation I would personally be approaching a solicitor, as this surely is suggesting medical negligence.

Sorry it’s not much help, have you posted on secondary breast cancer? You may find the ladies there can offer you more support and advice than the ladies that tend to post on this page do, as most on here are either not dx with Br Ca or only just dx’d and starting the journey.

Good luck with your treatment once you know what the plan is.

Lynn

Hi mggmama

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having such a troubled time at the moment. I am sure you will continue to receive lots of helpful advice and support from the other forum users, in addition, you are welcome to contact our freephone helpline on 0808 800 6000 where you are able to talk to someone in confidence about how you are feeling at the moment.
The team on the helpline come from a variety of backgrounds, so callers have an opportunity to talk to someone who has an understanding of the issues they’re facing. The line is open Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm, Saturdays 9am - 2pm.
BCC are here to support you so please use us if it will help.

Kind regards

Sam
Breast Cancer Care

Hi

Early days yet but if I were you I’d see JaneRA’s posts about her court case, write all your Drs’ names down, note the dates and what was said and keep everything recorded. You might end up taking people to court over this especially if your long term prognosis is affected by these incompent toads that call themselves doctors.

My sister had a green discharge and was immediately biopsied, fortunately only cysts this time as she’d already had a DCIS.

Just get pushy if they start messing around with you now, after all this delay you need to get moving with treatment.

I’m livid to read you’ve had to go through this, just livid.

Anyway, you’ll get lots of love and support here.

D

Hi mggmama

I am totally disgusted to read about your treatment and now your possible dx with mets. I agree with Dahlia, you should write everything down and when you are up to it, find a solicitor to have a look and see what they think.

You def. need to get treatment started as soon as possible. Chemo is doable, I have only had 2, but it is not as bad as we all fear, and you will probably have to have it. I wish there was something I could say to help you, but you will get loads of support on here from everyone and we will help you through this as best we can. You should also post on the secondary breast cancer page, as there will be others there than can support and advice you. I have secondary liver, so know how you are feeling about mets.

Take care of yourself and let us know how you get on. Wishing you well and keeping everything crossed for you that it is treated very soon.

Lots of Love
Dawn
x

So sorry to hear your news mggmama. What a great shock for you. I post on the secondaries forum, I have bone mets. There are lots of posts there which will help you…I know several ladies that have had whole brain radiotherapy (if you are having this treatment) and there are some old posts you can find in search by a lady called KitKat…she posted throughout her treatment.
There’s also gamma knife (non surgical, high energy ray) treatment which can sometimes be used if there are a very small number of brain mets.
I think…although I’m not absolutely sure…that it’s offered on the NHS in Sheffield.
Take Care, I hope you are now getting good care and all the information and advice you need.
Love Belinda.x