New here and looking for some reassurance

Hi all

Sunday night while taking a shower I found a lump in my left breast, rang the doctor Monday afternoon who said to come straight over, the doctor did her examination and found a hard lump the size of a marble, my mother and grandmother have both had BC and because of this the doctor has gone for an urgent referral, doc said the hospital would phone me within 48 hours to arrange and appointment, as of yet they haven’t so I’m hoping they will call tomorrow, the lump isn’t painful although I have noticed over the last couple of weeks a pulling/tightening sensation and some itching but didn’t really think anything of it, I’m terrified, I just keep thinking the worst, I can’t explain, I just don’t know.

Sorry to bother you all xxx

Hi Debbijayne,
When i got my referral i had to phone the hospital myself the next day to make an appointment, which i did and was for a week later.
Not sure if all doctors and hospitals are different though.
It is hard not to worry but if you are concerned call the doctor back just to ease your mind.

Val x

Thanks for your reply Fushia, doctor definitely said the hospital would ring me witing 48 hours, I’ve just gone into a blind panic, waiting is very hard.

Debbijayne,
I am sure they will ring tomorrow then, if it was Mon afternoon you were at doctors it may not have got through to hospital til late.
Let us know as soon as you hear anything. If you need to talk there are people here to listen.

Val x

Hi DebbiJayne

It can be very difficult waiting for tests and results, if you think it would help for you to talk to someone in confidence while you are waiting please use the Breast Cancer Care helpline. The team on the helpline are happy to be a listening ear and offer you support during this difficult time. The helpline is open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm and Saturdays 9am to 2pm. The number is free phone 0808 800 6000.

I hope this helps

Kind regards

Katie
Breast Cancer Care

I will let you know as soon as I do, and thank you, thank you for the number also Katie

Hi again

Hospital phoned this afternoon, I’m booked in for the 23rd of this month, my birthday of all days but it was the earliest they could do it, I’ll post back when I get my results, fingers crossed.

Debbi x

Hi Debbijayne

I am glad you got a date, the waiting is often the worse but I hope everything will turn out fine
If you are really keen to be seen earlier it might be worth giving the clinic a call around 9.30 each morning to ask if there has been any cancellations. It worked for me in getting a ct scan earlier and an operation earlier.

Good luck

So glad you got a date. Can totally understand your worry and concern. I am so glad your doc took it all seriously and got you an urgent referral. I will be thinking of you as you wait these next two weeks. I know the time seems to tick by soooo slowly but the 23rd will arrive and hopefully you can put this all behind you after that, and at least know what you are dealing with.

Praying for good results. Love to you,

Nanny

Hi DebbyJayne,

It’s good that you have a date. I know the waiting is awful but as Nanny says the 23rd will soon arrive. Please post again if it helps as you wait. I hope that you will receive good news.

Margaret x

Hi DebbyJayne,

The waiting is really the worst part I think.I am due to have core biopsies tomorrow and get the results on the 19th, so can totally understand how you feel. Am keeping my fingers crossed for you that all will be good for you. Please do let me know how youare doing.

Sharon xx

Hi Debby-Jane

I am also waiting for my appointment which is Monday 15th October. I found a lump last Thursday evening and went to see the doctor on Friday morning. I had a call on Monday this week and was given the first available appointment which was Monday.

I have been through sleepless nights all week and I am really worried about what they will find on Monday my sister was diagnosed with bc 3 years ago so there is family history for me too.

Good luck with your clinic appointment and I will let you know what happens when I go on Monday xxx

Tc

Lynne

Hi brainyblonde

I’m so sorry, its awful isn’t it, the waiting and the worrying? I’ll be thinking of you, take care, I hope you get the news you want, let us know how things went.

I’m sending you some of the positive vibes that people have been sending me, mum always told me its good to share and I’m not greedy lol, seriously, GOOD LUCK my friend xx

Debbi xx

Hi Debbi & Lynne

Just to echo what everbody else has said the waiting stinks, I found this the hardest part, waiting on appointments and results. Just remember that the the majority of results are positive and that we are all here to try to answer any questions and give you support.

Thinking of you.

Take care

Lesley

X

Hiya Debbie & Lynne,

I just wanted to say ‘ditto’ to Lesley’s comments. Waiting is just the worst isn’t it. I have a VERY overactive imagination and every appt and every scan fuels my already wild imagination even more!

I hope the news for you both is good. If however it is not so good then please remember we are all here for you,

Take care,

Kelly
-x-

Hi Debbie & Lynne

Just echoing what the other ladies have said - good luck with your appointments. I know its such a worrying time for you, but we’re all here if you need us anytime.

Keep in touch

Lots of love to you both

Julie xxx

Thanks for all your replies, they mean alot, it does go some way to easing the awful thoughts for a while, even though its not long before they creep back into my mind, I can’t stop feeling and prodding this damn lump and I’m tired of looking at my breasts but every opportunity I get I’m standing in front of the mirror and whipping my top up, straining to see if there have been any changes, its insane I know but I can’t help it, I honestly feel like I’m going mad with all this and will feel slightly silly if it turns out to be nothing but I can’t keep the thoughts away.

God bless you all, its nice to know there are people out there like you all.

Debbi xx

Hi Debbi

You are not going mad… I do it all the time Mine feel like a hard marble but feels like it is attached to something under the nipple area if that makes sense???

I am constantly checking too to see if has got bigger or it has gone away even!! I have two more days to wait… it has been the longest 10 days of my life…

I will let you know what happens on Monday…

Thanks to everyone for helping to keep me sane… I dont know what I would have done iwithout you all

Lynne XXx