New Lump or Just Paranoid

Morning ladies

Don’t know what to do, have found a lump just off the middle of my breast bone and approx 2 inches under my scar, it feels like a slightly larger chocolate button and is extremely tender to the touch.

I was diagnosed in October 2009, had mx, chemo, rads and am now on letrozole and herceptin. I was hospitilised for rads burns and then a week later for pneumonia. So not had a great time this past year. I am just about to return to work and best of all I have my first haircut tomorrow!

Am I being paranoid or do you think this is something I should get checked out. Don’t want to waste anyone’s time but am a wee bit concerned and also suspicious of any lump/bump/ache or pain. If I should get it checked should it be my GP, Onc or surgeon or just my BCN or chemo nurse.

Quite down thinking that this nightmare may be starting again.

Love to all and hope you all have a good day!

Jean

Hi,
Sorry you have this new worry, I am at a similar stage to you, finished all active treatment and about to go back to work so can appreciate how you must feel. I would suggest you get in touch with your bcn directly rather than via the gp, they are the experts and will probably see you quickly and reassure you or can arrange further tests if necessary.
Good luck and let us know what happens
xx

Hi Jean - i’m sorry for your worry. I think you know on some level or another that you should have it checked - we’d both be very surprised if ladies on here didn’t suggest that to you.

That dosen’t mean that its obviously something to be concerned about, it just means it goes with the territory of this ***** disease.

Have it checked please and i do hope all is well.

Lynn
x.

Hi Jean

It sounds like you’re having a worrying time at the moment. As well as the support you are receiving on here you may find it helps to talk things through with one of the trained members of staff on the helpline. Here you can share your feelings and concerns with someone who will offer you a listening ear as well as support and information. The number to call is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9 to 5pm and Saturday 9 to 2.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator