New on here and wanted to say hi

I found a lump at the end of June I had to go in for all the usual tests, mammogram, ultrasound etc. Outcome was they found two Fibroadenomas which I was told were benign. One of which was taller in size so I had to have a biopsy. Results were one of the lumps was Stage 1, Grade 1 breast cancer. I was set for my operation two weeks later when they called me to say that the 2nd tumour may also be cancerous (although they were 95% sure it wasnt) but to be on the safe side I had to go and have another biopsy and would get the results on the morning of my surgery. Turned out both lumps were cancerous so they were both removed along with lymph nodes.

For ten days after surgery my scar and breast kept filling up with fluid which was agony so i had to keep going back in every 3 days to have the fluid drained. It wasnt an infection just normal Lymphedema.

Went back for results last week and the cancer hasn’t spread but the 2nd tumour was actually bigger than expected (5mm on original examination now 9mm) and the grade has changed from 1 to 3. second op is scheduled for 22nd August next week but I have to go for an MRI scan tomorrow as my breat tissue is so dense and they want to rule out any other tumours. This will also leave my breast very dented so I am having liposuction at the same time, which will be taken from my thighs

Been back at work for two until I finish up Thursday for a couple of weeks off.
Trying to stay positive about things…although I do have the odd down day…

Hi Louisa

Welcome to the BCC discussion forums where I am sure you will get lots of good, honest support from the many informed users of this site.

While you are waiting for replies I have put for you below links to a couple of BCC’s publications which you may find helpful. All our publications and services are free. Also our helpline team are just a free phone call away if you need someone to talk to in confidence, they’re here to give you that extra bit of support. 0808 800 6000 lines open Mon-Fri 9-5 and Sat 10-2

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/breast-cancer-you-diagnosis-treatment-future-bcc44

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/resource-pack-primary-early-breast-cancer-bcc145

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

Thank you very much Jo.

Cheers
Louisa

Hi Louisa.

Just want to say sorry you’ve joined our club but welcome to the forum. What surgery have you already had and what are you having on the 22nd?

Good luck with the MRI scan tomorrow.

Maggie xx

Hi Maggie,

Thank you. I had the two tumours removed and some lymph nodes (lumpectomy I think). I am still getting used to the terminology!
The surgery next week is to remove the rest of the 2nd tumour as it was bigger than they expected and also depending on the outcome of the MRI today it may be more but hopefully not.
Thank you for the lovely message. I have only been on this ite a day and already it makes you feel better reading what everyone else is going through.
Louisa x

Hi Louisa
I’ve only been on here a few days too, but as you say everyone is lovely and the site is full of useful, sensibe information.
Lumpectomy is the removal of the lumps (tumors) and lymph node removal is axillary node clearance (ANC). You’ll soon get used to the terms and come up with useful questions to ask at your hospital appointments :smiley:
Sarah x

Thanks very much Sarah xxxx

Hi,
When you have a lumpectomy, they have to take away a wide margin of healthy tissue to make sure there is no cancer left behind. Hopefully they will have done that and you will find out at your results appointment. If not, they can do a ‘shave’ to remove some more tissue. All the best for your next lot of surgery, sending big hugs.
Poemsgalore xx